**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD - Only $0.99 Activation fee + 1GB BONUS Data!

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 190 admin
edited November 2017 in Exclusive Deals #1

FreedomPop Deal:
  • One-time $0.99 CDMA Phone, Hotspot, & Tablet Activation (usually $19.99 value)
  • Free Unlimited Talk, Text, and 2GB data trial ($24.99/mo)
  • Free Premier Service Trial ($9.99/mo value)
  • Free Premium Voice included in Premier Trial - Make calls using voice network - Not over voip
  • Free Bonus 1GB ($20 value)
  • Downgrade to free basic plan anytime
  • No contract. No commitment. Cancel anytime.
  • WiFi calling and texting from anywhere
  • Get a new phone number or keep your own
  • Earn additional free data every month by adding friends
Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• jennytlgjennytlg FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Is the 1GB bonus for every month, even after downgrading to free basic plan?
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,371 admin
    jennytlg said:

Is the 1GB bonus for every month, even after downgrading to free basic plan?

Apologies for the misunderstanding, the 1GB bonus data is only for the first month of service :)
  • James BrunelleJames Brunelle FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 56
    Does not work if you already have a freedompop account
  • DejayDejay FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer Posts: 28
    Ok. So if a person owns a Sprint-compatible device. Should they be able to qualify?
    Dejay said:

Ok. So if a person owns a Sprint-compatible device. Should they be able to qualify?

Please refer to the following support article for more information regarding our BYOD service: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3308/kw/byod
  • F.TF.T FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 12
    Is it a free downgrade, or does it require $5?
  • kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    All downgrades to free require the $5 credit.
    F.T said:

Is it a free downgrade, or does it require $5?

@kerstuff is correct, please refer to the following support article for more information regarding downgrading your FreedomPop account: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3328/kw/downgrade
  • James BrunelleJames Brunelle FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 56
    kerstuff said:

All downgrades to free require the $5 credit.

Then why do they call it free?

• John TurnipseedJohn Turnipseed FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    @Jorge please help me get this deal. I clicked on the website and gave my IMEI, which then directed me to call 866 279 2662. So I called and gave the CS rep my information and they told me this is an ONLINE ONLY deal and they could not and would not waive the 19.99 activation fee. I told them about this deal and they flat out refuse to honor it!
  • Chris ColemanChris Coleman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 55
    @Jorge
    Just tried to go thru the BYOD activation with a sprint netgear hotspot bought from a friend.
    The URL I visited to get the $0.99 BYOD activation promo was:
    https://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo9
    Got an error. Could you help.
    Here's the steps I went thru.
    I went to the page: https://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo9
    Entered email address and zip code.
    Entered street address.
    Entered the MEID of the sprint netgear hotspot.
    Did the google recaptcha puzzle for squares containing cars.
    Clicked Continue.
    Got an error, "404 - Sorry, the page does not exist".
    What's actually happening.
    Why is it doing this.
    How can I activate this BYOD sprint netgear hotspot device without getting an error.
    The URL gives a clue but it makes no sense because it's not correct:
    http://www.freedompop.com/http://www.freedompop.com/byod?error=Missing+required+device+in+shopping+cart&experience=byodwireless.default
    "Missing required device in shopping cart" ??
    What does this actually mean??
    I'm not buying a device. I'm activating my own BYOD ("Bring your own device").
    The shopping cart only needs to have a "BYOD activation" item in it, for $0.99
    Please help.
  • Sandeep BalseSandeep Balse FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9

@Jorge please help me get this deal. I clicked on the website and gave my IMEI, which then directed me to call 866 279 2662. So I called and gave the CS rep my information and they told me this is an ONLINE ONLY deal and they could not and would not waive the 19.99 activation fee. I told them about this deal and they flat out refuse to honor it!

I encountered this same issue when I used the IMEI. I retried using the MEID and it worked for me
  • espace line2espace line2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 46

I encountered this same issue when I used the IMEI. I retried using the MEID and it worked for me

@Sandeep Balse thanks for replying about your successful BYOD device activation online, I've been waiting impatiently for someone else having trouble to reply and compare notes!! A few quick questions for you to compare with my experience of what works for you vs what doesn't work for me!!
    1. Which date did you successfully do the BYOD activation online?
    2. Which brand/model of phone/hostpot/tablet did you BYOD activate online?
    3. How much did you pay, $0.99 ?
  • Sandeep BalseSandeep Balse FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9

@Sandeep Balse thanks for replying about your successful BYOD device activation online, I've been waiting impatiently for someone else having trouble to reply and compare notes!! A few quick questions for you to compare with my experience of what works for you vs what doesn't work for me!!
    1. Which date did you successfully do the BYOD activation online?
    2. Which brand/model of phone/hostpot/tablet did you BYOD activate online?
    3. How much did you pay, $0.99 ?
    I dont remember my exact activation date. It was either Dec 25th or Dec 26th. I am using an LG G3 (Sprint phone). I paid $0.99 for the online activation once the MEID was verified by the system. As mentioned in this thread, Freedompop includes free trials for unlimited voice, text, premier service etc. with this promo. To downgrade to the free plan, there was a $10 credit that I was asked to add to the account.

• Xianyi LiXianyi Li FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I registered two BYOP CDMA phones on Dec 19, charged $10 credit to each account. But the freedom SIM cards never came, so I bought two sprint SIM cards at a local store. Could you please help me active those two Sprint SIM cards?
  • Matthieu DupreMatthieu Dupre FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    When I try my IMEI to check compatibility, I get the folowing message:
    We're experiencing an issue with your provided device ID.
    To complete your activation, please call 800-671-5017.
    Click here to try again
    IMEI: 35368707488160
    IMEISV: 01

I testes freedompop on the same device a while ago and I had not problem (Samsung S5).
  • Srinivas  GarreSrinivas Garre FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Will this deal be available for the 2018 Thanksgiving Day?