**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Help needed activating my hotspot

john.lawrence@me.com[email protected] FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
I am unable to use my account because my hotspot won't activate. Updating PRLs on the device always fails and when I try to update my Data Profile I get an error that "Your device failed to activate."

Jumping over to the FreedomPop account page, I get the following popup:

I can click on the "reactivate account" button and I get a success message. But nothing on the device changes.

Rebooting the hotspot does not have any affect on the device activation. It simply won't activate. Please help.

Answers

• trackballtrackball FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what model hspot ?
  • john.lawrence@me.com[email protected] FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Netgear LTE Gateway 6100D
  • trackballtrackball FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • john.lawrence@me.com[email protected] FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    There doesn't appear to be anything I can do on the device to activate the hotspot. I believe the real clue is with the error I'm getting on my account page. I need to have my account reactivated.

For another perspective, here's the other side from the logs directly on the device:
    2017-11-20 10:17:19:875 EST Mobile is not Enabled
    2017-11-20 10:17:17:403 EST OMADM Sprint Notif (7): Session Status Code 776. uiMode=0
    2017-11-20 10:17:10:469 EST registrationState :1 csAttachState :1 psAttachState :1
    It looks as though Sprint isn't allowing the device onto their network. The hotspot does show 5 bars of Sprint 3G service (LTE has never been good at my location) but it does not have a data connection.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know which plan you are subscribed to. Are you subscribed to the FREE plan (4G only) or to the Pro 500 plan (3G/4G) $3.99 ?
    The non-free one allows 3G connections. The FREE connects to 4G only.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Gail AmbeauGail Ambeau FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    I just got my hotspot yesterday. The message on my device says "no service". I verified I am in the 3G area and upgraded to the appropriate plan. What needs to be done now??
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin

I just got my hotspot yesterday. The message on my device says "no service". I verified I am in the 3G area and upgraded to the appropriate plan. What needs to be done now??

Hello Gail! We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.