**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unlock device and stay at Freedompop

Freedom LitFreedom Lit FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
I've been using a Freedompop S6 phone, along with Freedompop service for over a year, with great satisfaction. I'll be traveling to China for 2 weeks. Wonder if I can unlock my Freedompop s6, so to use it in China with a prepaid china sim card, and resume Freedompop service after the trip.

Is it possible? Anyone tried that? Thank you in advance for your input!

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have had the phone for over 6 months, so should be able to. It will work when you come back just leaving it unlocked. You may need to setup an APN for Sprint or AT&T as the case of your previous account. Be sure that network mode is correct. Then you should be good to resume your account.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • fitwryterfitwryter FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    I just made my fifteenth call within an hour and been cut off again. I need to unlock my hotspot and your agents keep switching me to a number that cuts my call off instead of trying to help. I need the hotspot NOW, not attitude. Please fix this!!
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jorge @Karina @Norma S. Help this fella out. Has had his hotspot for 12+ months wants it unlocked so use local SIMs in China on trip. Then be back to continue with FreedomPop.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs