**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Galaxy S3 headphone jack

achiparachipar Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Just received my phone on 07/14. During set-up I noticed that the headphone jack had no function at all or only one channel came through the headphones.
The three headphones I used work fine on other devices
thanks for the help

Best Answers

Answers

• achiparachipar Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Update--if I push the headphone jack in very hard, I'll get two channels playing. However as soon as I let go of the jack, the connection is lost
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @achipar‌ try 3 or so more headphones. Sounds like the one you have is just a teensy bit short for the phone socket. If you don't have more, borrow from neighbor.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    I thought the same also--just received the phone Mon 07/14
    thanks for the help
    if you are a techie like me you might want to re solder the Headphone jack back in.

Plus my eye sight ain't what it used to be...thanks for the help

@achipar‌ try 3 or so more headphones. Sounds like the one you have is just a teensy bit short for the phone socket. If you don't have more, borrow from neighbor.

I have tried three different sets--a set of earbuds, an older set of headphones and my Ipod connection to the home sound system--the sound system is the only one that played consistently but only on one channel
This discussion has been closed.