**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Stopped connecting to the data network

EmpireEmpire Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Hey community,

I'm using a FreedomPop LG Optimus F3. I stopped being able to make calls or send texts. I don't know why it started happening but I installed the FreedomPop Diagnostics app and followed the steps but even after an app update it still wasn't working. I remember seeing something about an incompatible update but I unfortunately I don't remember the details.

After having this issue for a few days I let my phone sit for a while without using it and now it won't turn on. I tried charging it and no charging light goes on. If I remove the battery and plug in I see a green light on the home button for a second and then it blinks out.

I don't know what's happening and I'm very frustrated so any help would be enormously appreciated.
Thanks for your time and expertise,
Manny.

Comments

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    clean battery & cradle contacts, try a diff. charger, both micro & wall plug.
    it should work 'on charger' so i think it's 1 of the previous, because it happened to me, too.
    after, if it works, open fp app, tap 3 bars, top left, droid only, tap sync acct data, test.

• EmpireEmpire Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    edited November 2017 #3
    Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to answer and thanks for the tips.

I cleaned the phone and the battery's contacts, as well as the phone's micro USB charging port . Then I tried every charger in my house including wall chargers and micro USB. I actually once got a green light for the first time while the battery was in but it was only for a second and I still can't turn the phone on.

I saw somewhere online that sometimes a battery can overcharge and I should try connecting the battery (outside of the phone) to something in order to drain it and then try recharging it. Does that make sense?

Please let me know if you have any more ideas.

All the best,
    Manny.
    Post edited by Empire on
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,235FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Empire If you do not have the right tools, it may be a challenging task. That my 'rescue' the battery for a while. Likely you will need a replacement. If you have had the phone for less than 90 days, you can go via "support" for a battery request.
    I might suggest you order one from an eBay seller you elect to trust. Find pictures of image of the words on your battery and ONLY shop exact matches. This to avoid junk copies that claim a bizillion mAh in the battery ( they lie ). If find a part number on the battery and search that and find hundreds of sellers. Likely find one for under $10 with careful shopping. A replacement will arrive later from FreedomPop and a spare is nice to have. If you charge / discharge you phone 5x a week, it may last up to a year and need replacing.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • EmpireEmpire Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Okay thanks for the info.
  • trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭