**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

my old s4 no longer works, how to replace?

Terry Alsdorf Terry Alsdorf Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
My current S4 is no longer responding. I have another that i would like to use. When i try to use my sim card it says i need to activate the phone. How do i replace my current S4 with this one?


  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,238FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Terry Alsdorf Sound like your phones are CDMA locked to Sprint. The Sprint SIM is married to that phone and another phone protests that it doesn't belong there. Or says phone needs activation.
    To activate you will need a Sprint SIM mounted in the S5 (SIMGLW206R). It seems that the same part number can be used for S4 & S5. You would have to have the ICCID divorced from the S4 first then you could reuse it with the S5. Once ready start here: http://www.freedompop.com/byod

    If you wanted another one, can be bought from eBay sellers or Best Buy. A few stores stock the Sprint SIMs. Do stock check with customer service first and get proof of stock slip to take to mobile desk. That will keep them from just saying there out of stock, now have to go in 'back' and get it for you. Online stock search of stores may work to identify which to drive to.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Youyi HTC LiYouyi HTC Li Posts: 96FreedomPop Newbie
    If you are on Sprint, you have to activate your new phone on a new account first then they can swap the devices for you. If you are on at&t, you have to add the Freedompop at&t apn to the new phone.
Sign In or Register to comment.