**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Will not connect with 5 bars

Connection Error 128 3G network connection failed. I sent an email 1 week ago and no response. What do I need to do?

Comments

• upnorthupnorth FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    I have the same problem trying to get a timely/constructive FP response to help, sometimes I never get a response. Anyway, try to follow "Taylor's" instructions on updating PRL and profile. Sometimes this works. I also know Sprint has been tinkering with their system...all last weekend (25-27 July 14) I had no internet connection with a very good signal. I could not do anything until Sunday night when the internet connection decided to work. Maybe FP is doing something as well?? Maintenance?? Good luck.
  • hankjrodhankjrod FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014 #3
    @Angie Williams@upnorth Also be aware that the "bars" at the top of the phone only shows voice signal strength. For some reason android does not show the signal strength of the data connection on android devices. This is probably not the real issue, however. You probably need an msl reset and prl and profile update as upnorth mentioned. Otherwise freedompop may need to do something on their side.
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hankjrod‌ Looking at his account it looks like he has an Overdrive Pro and not a phone.

@Angie Williams‌ Looks like you need an account refresh, an admin is able to help with that issue.
  • hankjrodhankjrod FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    Ali said:

@hankjrod‌ Looking at his account it looks like he has an Overdrive Pro and not a phone.

@Angie Williams‌ Looks like you need an account refresh, an admin is able to help with that issue.

@Ali Whoops I should watch what section I am in! :)
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hankjrod No worries, it happened to me many times ;)