**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can I use my LG Volt 2(virginmobile)?

Jong Cheol KimJong Cheol Kim FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
edited November 2017 in Getting Started #1
Hi,
I have a LG volt 2(LGLS751). Previously it had been locked on virginmobile service. Because I didn't use it over one year, they removed my account and the phone lost its number now. I guess they released it. I also checked its IMEI using carrier check as US sprinter on www.imeipro.info, and it said "Clean." Can I activate this phone on freedompop? Thank you in advance.
Post edited by Jong Cheol Kim on

Best Answer

• Brayden GuyBrayden Guy Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Yes. As long as the phone is carrier unlocked and the IMEI is not blacklisted which it is not since you said it is clean then you should have to issues at all using the freedompop service. I can confirm because I have the same issue come up. All I had to do it unlock it and freedompop worked like a charm!
    Brayden Guy

Answers

• Jong Cheol KimJong Cheol Kim FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    It works great!!! Thank you!!
  • Brayden GuyBrayden Guy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    Yep! Glad to have helped
    Brayden Guy
  • stitus5stitus5 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 20
    I have had the same phone, which transferred to Freedompop fine, but I am not getting any data. Can somebody help?
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,272 admin
    stitus5 said:

I have had the same phone, which transferred to Freedompop fine, but I am not getting any data. Can somebody help?

Let us help you check on this. Please provide us with the device's MEID number.