Can I use my LG Volt 2(virginmobile)?

Jong Cheol KimJong Cheol Kim Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
edited November 2017 in Getting Started #1
Hi,
I have a LG volt 2(LGLS751). Previously it had been locked on virginmobile service. Because I didn't use it over one year, they removed my account and the phone lost its number now. I guess they released it. I also checked its IMEI using carrier check as US sprinter on www.imeipro.info, and it said "Clean." Can I activate this phone on freedompop? Thank you in advance.
Post edited by Jong Cheol Kim on

Best Answer

• Brayden GuyBrayden Guy Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Yes. As long as the phone is carrier unlocked and the IMEI is not blacklisted which it is not since you said it is clean then you should have to issues at all using the freedompop service. I can confirm because I have the same issue come up. All I had to do it unlock it and freedompop worked like a charm!
    Brayden Guy

Answers

• Jong Cheol KimJong Cheol Kim Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    It works great!!! Thank you!!
  • Brayden GuyBrayden Guy Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Yep! Glad to have helped
    Brayden Guy
  • stitus5stitus5 Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    I have had the same phone, which transferred to Freedompop fine, but I am not getting any data. Can somebody help?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited November 2018 #7
    @AlejandraG - Thanks for helping...MEID = 35833006517783
    Post edited by stitus5 on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks Alejandra and sorry for the delays in this set up. Still not getting data - it doesn't update profile or PRL. Shows bars for LTE service, but has "!" along with it.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Hi,
    I have a LG volt 2(LGLS751). Previously it had been locked on virginmobile service. Because I didn't use it over one year, they removed my account and the phone lost its number now. I guess they released it. I also checked its IMEI using carrier check as US sprinter on www.imeipro.info, and it said "Clean." Can I activate this phone on freedompop? Thank you in advance.

How did you end up getting this working? What did you have to do to unlock it? I had somebody helping me, but they've since left. Thanks!
    stitus5 said:

Hi,

How did you end up getting this working? What did you have to do to unlock it? I had somebody helping me, but they've since left. Thanks!
    Hello, @stitus5. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.