**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Transferring phone, getting "the sim card has locked please power cycle" error

warmkarilwarmkaril Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Hello all,
I have a Galaxy S6 from freedompop with a sprint sim card and recently bought a google pixel as my S6 is getting a bit older and broken. I thought I could pop the SIM from my S6 to the new unlocked google pixel, but when I do, I get a "the sim card has locked please power cycle" error. I read something about being able to add the ICCID to the freedompop account or something like that and that may fix it, but so far I've tried downloading both freedompop apps and syncing everything up and I'm having no luck whatsoever. Would the only way to go around this be by buying a freedompop SIM card and putting it in my phone and then activating the SIM and making a new freedompop acc/new number?

Comments

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, it's not that easy, the sprint sim is locked.
    is your pixel a sprint ph. if so, go to help desk and activate it.
    and if you can't get support, you'll need a new #
  • seanhoopzseanhoopz Posts: 1Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    Can you help me transfer my SIM card to another phone for sprint
  • seanhoopz said:

Can you help me transfer my SIM card to another phone for sprint

If it's for a LTE SIM, then you would just need to update the APN. However, if you are trying to update the ICCID for a Freedompop Phone SIM, please do provide us with the ICCID.
  • jackmjackm Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I am getting this error. I have a working fpop sim from my lg phone and want to use it in a sprint galaxy a5 which uses the same sim. i've downloaded the fpop apps (message and diagnostics) and changed the apn setting, but still get the sprint "hands free activation page" come up when i turn on the device. then i get the locked and power cycle error. have tried removing battery but no good. also, the new phone is not calling out or accepting phone calls or messages. i also check to make sure there are no financial holds on the phone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.