Useless______

DARYL RAINESDARYL RAINES Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
That is my NEW Password for this website! Why? When I signed up for FP, I told everyone about this GREAT Concept. I put my Verizon phone on deactivation, JUST in case. Well I Reactivated it about two months ago when I put my FP Sprint HTC EVO 4G in the JUNK Drawer!
Why You ask?
My Grandson has the SAME Phone on VZ and he gets 5 Bars EVERY WHERE! ME 2bars if I'm LUCKY! Ofcourse he also can Download Data more than 2-3X faster than I. When I checked the Coverage Map, before I subscribed it CLAIMED GOOD or Better on the Peninsula and the same Dead spots that I had with VZ! WELL that was a Colossal LIE! As soon as my neighbor found out it was Sprint, he told me why he dropped Sprint and changed to VZ, the SERVICE was AWFUL! He was RIGHT!
I still believe in the Concept and I just wish that I had come on board about 3-4 weeks later when they started offering the VZ program!
So enjoy my $159 and ofcourse I won't be around for Season Two!

Comments

• scottscott Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    VZ program? are you sure you are not talking about wimax vs lte?????
  • DARYL RAINESDARYL RAINES Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    What ever! He has 4g here, mine is 3G. BUT the call quality is substandard. Everyone can tell the difference, when I used this phone on Sprint.
    WELL! I just fired it up and called my Daughter and She complained about the sound and quality of the connection. She even asked if I was in the car. I'm sure it is not the phone.

They offered a diff phone and the data charge was Vz for $9.95mo and A T&T for a bit more!

The call record shows that the last prior calls were made May 17th.
    If I'm in my living room I get 3 bars, Kitchen 2 and Frontdoor 1. Outside I get 3 in middle of Backyard. 2 steps North it drops to 1. 3 steps South and NO SERVICE!

When I was in AZ, Tempe-Pheonix-Mesa I got 5/6. In Florence, 1 hour South I got 3/4.
    On the news last night they discussed some new federal legislation that will allow us to Unlock our phones without all the Fees ETC. I'll be first in line!
    Referring to my last post concerning Unlocking my phone! It appears that after reviewing Sprints Policy, that due to the MFG Date of our phones, we are more than likely out of luck!
    I still support the Concept, JUST hate the lack of service!
  • scottscott Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert

On the news last night they discussed some new federal legislation that will allow us to Unlock our phones without all the Fees ETC. I'll be first in line!

This will be great when it happens. However, you have to remember not all phones work on all networks. Different networks = different technologies.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Remember, freedompop do not have there own tower, they much work with what Sprint will allow. There network is still in beta and they still need a lot of feed back and still doing a lot of testing in beta mode. This is the only way they can improve there service is by success and failer thru customer real time use. Client/ Server is the most likely network but the type maybe of many options they can use. They only can start with limit resources, like server,router, switch, gateway and and fire walls in there system. As they grow, they be able to buy more these network equipment to handy more load to the system. This more true when they can add more server to the network. Then they have a network router out side there LAN Network cal WAN.
    LAN = Local Area Network
    WAN = Wide Area Network
    this is to the Sprint Network, then thru Sprint server, router, switch and gateway and firewalls that Sprint has configure for them. Then it is send to the Sprint tower. The to your phone. There a lot that go it much go thru to reach your location. About 10 to 50 devices it go thru if not more.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    That the Hardware side of them, there the software side that takes even more skill IT and Network engineer to make these network operate the best they can do. Highly skill IT workers. Some have many hats they ware, computer programming, network, computer science, database and more.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".