Can only receive text via WiFi

Sprinter GS3Sprinter GS3 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
@Taylor I posted several times over the last couple weeks about
this issue w/o an official reply, so one more time w/visuals.

I can not receive a text with out being connected to WIFI (sending
no problem). Attached are screenshots of the default SIP setting
(after Force Stop of Messaging App and restart) Note "Always
available" is not checked nor is "Use 3G (and better)" which would
would explain why I can only receive the responding text via WIFI.
However when I check these options there is no change, they appear
to be disabled. Is this a glitch that is being worked on or an issue
to my phone? I should note in my usage logs it shows the reply text
being received within a minute, when it can be hours to get to my
phone.

Best Answers

• EdwinFreedomPopEdwinFreedomPop Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie, US Support admin
    #3 Accepted Answer
    Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling app, tried updating profile and PRL already... Have you tried a Factory Data Reset? You can do this from Settings->Accounts->Back up and reset.

Answers

• MiFi 4082MiFi 4082 Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    @Taylor I could not attach .jpg is there a size limit? But still waiting on an official response. I have read at the app store and this forum about others with the same problem, but no solution.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing and the result is the same ie., Default is: Incoming Call answer with WiFi. . .Checking the box: Use 3G (or better) does nothing.

I have also have heard others with the same phone not having any problems. . .any ideas. I will try anything at this point.

Thanks
  • Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3 Posts: 108FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan ✭✭✭
    @Sprinter GS3‌ you try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of the FreedomPoP app? this new kitkat has throw all app makers into freenzies... but all for the greater good. of course. =)
    XDA, Captain Picard, and NYC ==> All kick a$$!
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @SprinterGS3 , your WiFi is to connect to other routers that connected to internet and you have internet thru that connection. But your phone is not connected to internet. You need to do a PRL and Profile Update and it much be in 4G area. Well you working on your problem, you still can have internet by way of wifi to your other ISP or connect to wifi hotspot.

Ask a admin to check account information on connection and coverage area by giving them your e-mail to account and your zip code.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

@Taylor I could not attach .jpg is there a size limit? But still waiting on an official response. I have read at the app store and this forum about others with the same problem, but no solution.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing and the result is the same ie., Default is: Incoming Call answer with WiFi. . .Checking the box: Use 3G (or better) does nothing.

I have also have heard others with the same phone not having any problems. . .any ideas. I will try anything at this point.

Thanks

@Sprinter MiFi4082‌ , the forum do not support jpg, it much be in URL form. There services that you can upload photo to there web site and give a URL attach to the photo, then copy and paste that into image box at the top of your post.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".

@Sprinter MiFi4082‌ , the forum do not support jpg, it much be in URL form. There services that you can upload photo to there web site and give a URL attach to the photo, then copy and paste that into image box at the top of your post.

@Brian McPherson I was able to attach a .jpg file to my Badge entry with no problem, that's why think it may be a size restriction.
    Thanks

@SprinterGS3 , your WiFi is to connect to other routers that connected to internet and you have internet thru that connection. But your phone is not connected to internet. You need to do a PRL and Profile Update and it much be in 4G area. Well you working on your problem, you still can have internet by way of wifi to your other ISP or connect to wifi hotspot.

Ask a admin to check account information on connection and coverage area by giving them your e-mail to account and your zip code.

@Brian McPherson I have good 4G LTE and GREAT 3G (EVDO REV A) with which I am able to send a text message, however to receive the reply I have to leave the moble network and connect via WiFi to my hot spot (on which I have good WiMax 4G).
    Thanks,
    Sprinter GS3, MiFi4082, 250u

• Sprinter GS3Sprinter GS3 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks @EdwinFreedomPop, The factory reset did the trick! I did it from recovery mode and manually reloaded my apps. And paid more attention to those native apps I turned off and setting that I changed. But still don't know why it works with the default settings, but it does, so it's good.
This discussion has been closed.