Cell Phone Number Listed on Device

Arthur HuberArthur Huber Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Victory LTE cell phone and activated it on a Freedom Pop account with a new phone number. It seems to be working fine; however, I notice that the phone number listed in the field under "Settings-About Device-Status-My phone number" is not the same as the new phone number I obtained via Freedom Pop and by which it operates. I understand the phone is a refurbished model, so is it possible the phone number listed is the prior owner's number? Regardless, how do I reset the field to show or to input my new phone number? Thanks, Art

Answers

• garin shawgarin shaw Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    direct this to @Taylor so he can give you your MSL code with instructions on resetting the phone and updating the prl and profile. :)
  • Iolaire McFaddenIolaire McFadden Posts: 119FreedomPop Newbie
    On my iPhone its shows a different phone number on the about my phone area.

I think that this is the phone number associated with the Sprint Data plan. I'd guess since FreedomPop is VOIP that it will never have the same number as what the phone uses to communicate with the Sprint network.
  • EdwinFreedomPopEdwinFreedomPop Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie, US Support admin

On my iPhone its shows a different phone number on the about my phone area.

I think that this is the phone number associated with the Sprint Data plan. I'd guess since FreedomPop is VOIP that it will never have the same number as what the phone uses to communicate with the Sprint network.

That is effectively what is happening. Your true number will always be the one displayed inside the Messaging app.
This discussion has been closed.