**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

New Customer

Wayne ArmstrongWayne Armstrong Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I just purchased and activated a sim card from freedom pop. The next day when I logged in I saw the message about the family plan. I am still within my 30 days trial. I have 2 sim cards and one has not even been put in a phone yet. Can I get these two sims on a family plan or do I have to go through the process again and get 2 new sims, activate them on a family plan.

Comments

• Vle045Vle045 Posts: 152FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017 #2
    From what I understand, you would have to get new SIMs to get on the family plan. But if you want to reach Freedompop, it seems Twitter or Facebook is the best way to reach them
    Vle045
    Have I been helpful? Have I answered your question successfully? If so, please choose my answer.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wayne ArmstrongWayne Armstrong Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie

I just purchased and activated a sim card from freedom pop. The next day when I logged in I saw the message about the family plan. I am still within my 30 days trial. I have 2 sim cards and one has not even been put in a phone yet. Can I get these two sims on a family plan or do I have to go through the process again and get 2 new sims, activate them on a family plan.

Hello Mr. Armstrong . To answer your question, as indicated by the user above, Family Plan or the option to choose it, is only available upon signup, which means that unless you place a new order, for two or more sims, initially on the Family Plan, this cannot be added to the sims your already purchased.
    @AlejandraG So why would the person who was activating me not let me know about that when activating the first sim card then the next on the same account? Is that not a bit redundant to issue two sims to the same person and not at least advise them of the family plan option at that point? Unfortunately, I see this same pattern as I have read through the forums more and more and I feel like you guys have a good product but your user experience and usability is severely lacking, unless, it is your business model to generate revenue through activation fees. The service seems highly software based so surely it is not that hard to invest in some programmers who can fix these "software" issues that will not allow for sim cards to be placed on a family plan. Maybe I am a little nieve but after working in IT for over 15 years this problem seems to have been going for around a year now (based on previous posts I read) surely if there was a will for a solution to be found it would have been implemented by now. I guess I will be reconsidering whether I will keep using the service once my trial is complete.
  • I just purchased and activated a sim card from freedom pop. The next day when I logged in I saw the message about the family plan. I am still within my 30 days trial. I have 2 sim cards and one has not even been put in a phone yet. Can I get these two sims on a family plan or do I have to go through the process again and get 2 new sims, activate them on a family plan.

Hello Mr. Armstrong . To answer your question, as indicated by the user above, Family Plan or the option to choose it, is only available upon signup, which means that unless you place a new order, for two or more sims, initially on the Family Plan, this cannot be added to the sims your already purchased.
    @AlejandraG So why would the person who was activating me not let me know about that when activating the first sim card then the next on the same account? Is that not a bit redundant to issue two sims to the same person and not at least advise them of the family plan option at that point? Unfortunately, I see this same pattern as I have read through the forums more and more and I feel like you guys have a good product but your user experience and usability is severely lacking, unless, it is your business model to generate revenue through activation fees. The service seems highly software based so surely it is not that hard to invest in some programmers who can fix these "software" issues that will not allow for sim cards to be placed on a family plan. Maybe I am a little nieve but after working in IT for over 15 years this problem seems to have been going for around a year now (based on previous posts I read) surely if there was a will for a solution to be found it would have been implemented by now. I guess I will be reconsidering whether I will keep using the service once my trial is complete.
    Hello,

I have gone ahead and sent you a private message!
This discussion has been closed.