Poor call quality on HTC EVO

StoneIsland1StoneIsland1 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have no problem hearing the people I'm calling, but they have a hard time hearing me. Every 10 seconds or so, there is a short cut-out of my voice. This happens using wifi and 4G on both of the HTC EVO's we just purchased. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @StoneIsland1‌ Hey, have you updated our latest version of our messenger app through the Google Play store, if so then also try this:

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap settings, then scroll down to system updates
    3. Select update profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    4. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select update PRL instead of update profile

You should be able to use our service without any issues now! You can also make sure your FreedomPop apps are up to date by checking in the Google Play store (make sure you are logged in/ synced with your Google account).
  • StoneIsland1StoneIsland1 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Unfortunately, we've done this many times, and things haven't improved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @StoneIsland1‌ - Have you tried an MSL reset of your device, if not here are your instructions with MSL number:

Please try an MSL reset (this is a RESET so please back up important info); please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 122564

Press the Menu button and then hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.
  • StoneIsland1StoneIsland1 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    We've tried this a few times.
  • EdwinFreedomPopEdwinFreedomPop Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie, US Support admin
    @StoneIsland1‌ Try plugging in a headset that has a mic and see if people can hear you using the headset mic.