**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Need to swap phones on my account

Darren JonesDarren Jones Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
I just added a new phone and phone number to my account. Its a Galaxy S5 and I want to use it on an old phone number that current has an LG Volt White phone. I want the old LG White phone on the new phone number that is currently assigned to the Galaxy S5. Basically I want to switch the 2 phones with their phone numbers.

Answers

• kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Contact one of the Admins by pm. They can take care of this.
  • Darren JonesDarren Jones Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Where are the ADMINS around here? I could really use their help.
  • wilkwilk Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    How do you contact admins?
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    It's a long, Holiday weekend. The Admins don't work the weekends.
  • HUGH TRANHUGH TRAN Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I just bought an upgrade phone Samsung S5 from FP. How do I activate new phone and deactivate old one?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,238FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018 #7
    @HUGH TRAN
    This is the procedure I recommend to swap new phone onto an existing account:
    1. First activate your new phone on a new FreedomPop account (with a new email address), paying the activation fee if it is BYOD. If the new phone is FreedomPop branded, then there is no activation fee {maybe 1 cent). Use this link: http://tinyurl.com/FPBYOD
    If you purchased directly from FreedomPop, then the new device should be pre-activated and you should already have the new account established.

2. Contact customer service for FreedomPop to swap phones on your two accounts:
    • (see the phone number on www.freedompop before you login (or after you log out) and be prepared to wait a while. Call during 9-5 PST),
    • or post in the forum (http://forums.freedompop.com - SUBJECT: PHONE SWAP NEEDED ON ACCOUNT")
    • or post a new question in Directly.com, same subject
    3. Confirm the new phone works on the old account.
    4. At this point you have option to keep both phones active and in use. Or you can close the new account with the old phone. To do that, contact customer service (ask for Billing) again (as above) to deactivate the new account (old phone on it now) and (if BYOD) process a refund for the new account. Do this within the first thirty days the new account is open.

For the time being, after you've activated, sign in to your old account using the FreedomPop Messaging app so that you're using your old number until the swap process has been approved.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs