**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Questions about the $50 Yearly Plan

flightsim297flightsim297 FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer, SD Flyers Posts: 103 ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Plans and Services #1
I am looking at the yearly plan listed here - https://freedompop.com/offer/sim-lte-12x1000

I have a few questions.

1. Are there any other plans other than the $50 yearly plan? Are there any semi-annual plans or plans with less or more data?

2. How long will this promotion last?

3. I currently use the regular LTE GSM SIM with the Free LTE 200 plan. Is there a way I can upgrade that existing SIM so that I get the new plan and don't have to switch numbers? Or is there a way I can port that number to the new Annual SIM?

4. After 1 year, will it simply charge $50 or will I have to switch plans?

Thanks.
Post edited by flightsim297 on
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jbutripjbutrip FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    I'm also interested in this, but I have 3 questions . 1) Is it 1000 minutes and texts for the entire year, and 1 GB each month? 2) Can I port my current number with this plan? 3) How do I know if it would work with my phone?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jbutrip , 1. each month you start over with fresh batch of 1000 min, 1000 texts, and 1 GB of mobile data. The billing is annual.
    2. Most numbers are able to be ported in. There is a 'test' of you number at the beginning of the application to port.
    3. You need an unlocked GSM phone (previously used on either AT&T or T-Mobile networks) At least 4.0+ Android. Also one locked to AT&T specifically may also work. The SIM slot can be mini, micro, or nano sized.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • applebit924iphone5sapplebit924iphone5s FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited January 2018 #5

Post edited by applebit924iphone5s on
  • kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 664 ✭✭✭
    I upgraded to this plan a month ago from a free plan. This is a great deal especially when getting the premium plan on an annual basis. I wish we could get this deal on the Sprint based phones as well.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be a $79.99 plan for the year on Sprint, 1 GB with unlimited talk & text. It was dropped about a year ago. Now these new multi month specials are much nicer than that and use SIMs (AT&T) instead.
    If they would only offer the same thing on the Sprint network, too. Then we all could choose which we want based on which is strongest in our own neighborhood.
  • Daniel KronengoldDaniel Kronengold FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 12
    The big disadvantage is that there is no Premium Voice option for these
  • mark fishermark fisher FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Are there any services included in the $49 plan (e.g. MMS, voicemail)????
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,804 admin

Are there any services included in the $49 plan (e.g. MMS, voicemail)????

Hello Mr. Fisher!
    The original post is a bit outdated, but these are the current plan options

@mark fisher - Best Buy, Target, others may have a $49.99 1 GB annual offering for FreedomPop SIM. Not available thru the website right now.
    In the Best Buy link (on special right now). I do not see any mention of MMS or Voicemail. Some of the SIMs in the past with prepaid services were not able to add more than the package offered.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedompop-12-month-prepaid-plan-lte-3-in-1-sim-card-kit/6187400.p?skuId=6187400&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=1193&ds_rl=1255843&ds_rl=1260579&ds_rl=1266837&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1255843&ds_rl=1266837&gclid=CjwKCAiAjNjgBRAgEiwAGLlf2snAQ6BCvlwCCmMQjKDVsJfzIitvDeBB71OLZoYRrJIzY-ayTadAmxoCc2MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds