Help please, with phone activation

JudithHJudithH Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
When I try to activate my Galaxy SII (from the Woot sale) with either the FPConfig or Messenger app, I get "FreedomPop Account Error - Please check your email address and try again."

I have read many FAQs on FreedomPop's help page, and I have:
updated profile, PRL and firmware
forced stop on FPopConfig and Messenger and cleared data

I have not yet tried:
uninstalling/reinstalling FPopConfig and Messenger apps
But I do not think they are the problem.

On my FreedomPop.com "Account - Devices" tab, I have no devices, but the "show all available devices" link only offers FreedomSpot Overdrive or Overdrive Pro, no phones. On the "Account - Plans" tab I have no plans, but the "show all available plans" link only offers a 10GB, 5GB or 4GB data plan, no voice or text plans.

I think my FreedomPop account needs to be changed from an internet account to a phone account. Is there a FreedomPop rep who can fix this for me?

Best Answer

Answers

• JudithHJudithH Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    A FreedomPop rep has replied to me on the Woot forum; this may be almost fixed. Fingers crossed.
  • Haley Evans-JohnsonHaley Evans-Johnson Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same problem. I know the email address is correct it is the one I used to sign in. Plus the operator at freedompop confirmed the email before transferring me to tech support. This is on a S3 sold by freedompop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Haley Evans-Johnson‌ - What is the MEID located on your phone?
  • Ricky BeamRicky Beam Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Mine (iphone) is in a similar state... activated and functional, but not showing on my account. Somewhere along the activation trail, after telling Sprint to allow it data access, the whole wagon train got lost. (as long as I never see any top-up charges, I don't really care.)
  • Haley Evans-JohnsonHaley Evans-Johnson Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @Taylor Okay I will send that to you in a PM with this conversation cut and pasted....