**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Please enter a valid Mac Id

nathanandsusannathanandsusan Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Swappa says the ESN is good on this used S3 I purchased from the Sprint network. Any idea what the problem might be?

Comments

• nathanandsusannathanandsusan Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got off the phone with support and they say nothing can be done to activate this phone. It's factory refurbished Sprint, shows as clean on Swappa and has Sprint all over the phone and during the setup. It's the factory version of the OS and. Freedompop say they can do nothing to activate this phone. Does anyone else have any insight into this?
  • nathanandsusannathanandsusan Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Phone activated. The customer support rep told me my phone had been rooted. This was not true and as I explained to him, the phone was a manufacturer refurb and completely original. He told me to call Sprint or return the phone, as Freedompop couldn't do anything to help. Sprint of course verified the phone was ready to be activated. So I called back and this time was asked for a different number, which was in fact the DEC number. Once they had this number it worked fine. Tale of the story, call back if you get a bad support person. By the way the DEC has 3 more numbers than the other number.
  • Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    This was my exact experience as well. The bottom line is that with the Galaxy S3 you don't activate any other number than the DEC (I did the Hex number and messed up by one digit and it activated the wrong number). The first customer support guy told me the DEC number wasn't valid and had to be released by Sprint. I tried entering in the DEC number on Freedompop's website and it went right through. I called back the next day and got a different rep and was told that the DEC was in fact valid, but I would have to pay the $20 activation fee again. I had no problem doing this since an extra $20 doesn't compare to the savings in monthly service fees. Sure enough, got a new MSL right over the phone and it reconfigured and was up in running in less than a minute.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @nathanandsusan‌ - What is the MEID-DEC located on your phone?
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Taylor mine was under the battery. I just got mine and customer support asked for meid, I told him there was none then he mentioned the first 4 numbers and they matched the dec so I gave him that and he activated mine.