**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

3G/4G LTE connection question and battery question

David DDavid D Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I have a couple questions:

1.) When I turn off WiFi and it goes to my data connection, why does it sometimes go to 3G and sometimes 4G LTE? Is there any way I can choose to stay on one or the other? They seem to change between each other for no reason, even at the same location. (This happens with Sprint's best network chooser on and off.)

2.) I think my battery is a 2100 mAh battery. and if I put a battery that is higher, like 2800 mAh in my phone, will it hurt my phone, charger, etc. and should I see improved battery life?

Thank you very much,

David

Comments

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @David Dabrowski‌ lets bring in one of our other Pros to answer that question. Would @Ali‌ or @Adolfo Galvan‌ please help us out here with your oppinion? I just got mine and Iwould like to know the answers too! I was field testing mine yesterday and noticed that inside a local supermarket my SIII also went from 4g lte to 3g as I walked from one side of the building to the other. At 3g I had a hard time with my signal. I tried to call my office and the call just hung there with no ringing. Any Ideas?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Dabrowski

1. It does that because of signal fluctuation, LTE can be crappy in some areas if you are not near a tower and you will get 3G fallback

2. It won't hurt your phone as long as it is designed to work with your S3.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Ali thanks again buddy!
  • David DDavid D Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali and @Miguel Lopez thank you both! I actually just received a 3800 mAh battery today! :)

About my LTE going from 3G and so forth, it does so even in areas of good signal. (I have Sprint Connection Optimizer or what it is called turned off.) For example, when in an area of 3G and LTE, my phone tends to go to 3G more, so I turn airplane mode off and on, then it connects to LTE. Is there a way to make LTE known as the "preferred network" as long as there is signal or something? I appreciate your help!

Thank you very much,

David
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Dabrowski‌ Update your PRL and Profile, go to Settings, System Update, and Update PRL and Update Profile. Do that and you're good to go.
    @Ali Unfortunately, that didn't work. Any other ideas? Thank you for your help!
  • Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3 Posts: 108FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan ✭✭✭
    @David Dabrowski‌ Interesting that when going from AIRPLANE mode back to normal it kicks into LTE but then will go back to 3G.... Either way, it all depends on where these cell towers are.. for people like us, trying out and perfecting this BETA phase of a great company like FREEDOMPOP, we should know answers to questions like this. ANYONE out there know where to get a map of actuall SPRINT LTE or WIMAX towers?
    XDA, Captain Picard, and NYC ==> All kick a$$!
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Ali said:

@David Dabrowski‌ Update your PRL and Profile, go to Settings, System Update, and Update PRL and Update Profile. Do that and you're good to go.

PRL will not help you stay on 4G(for 3G) but profile may help in some cases. The reason your phone is going back and four from 4g to 3g and that you on the edge of 4G signal and the signal get weak then get stronger.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

@David Dabrowski‌ Interesting that when going from AIRPLANE mode back to normal it kicks into LTE but then will go back to 3G.... Either way, it all depends on where these cell towers are.. for people like us, trying out and perfecting this BETA phase of a great company like FREEDOMPOP, we should know answers to questions like this. ANYONE out there know where to get a map of actuall SPRINT LTE or WIMAX towers?

@Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3‌ , here the link you ask for, network.sprint.com/
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    @Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3 Try this link: http://www.freedompop.com/coverage

Thanks,

David :)