Messaging App Problem? Not Receiving Texts

megan spielbuschmegan spielbusch Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,
I've been having problems with texts over the last month or so, I think since the Messaging App updated. I can send texts out, but don't receive any. I've run all the updates (profile, PRL, Messaging setup), and still nothing. I'm using an EVO 4G.

Another problem with the app is that the update uses much more storage space than before. I can't figure out what else is using up so much of my internal storage, but with the Messaging app now using 33 MB, I'm running low of space and my email, etc. won't sync.

Is anyone else having this problem? Can someone from Freedompop tell me if this a known issue with the app? I tried calling the support number but gave up after 30 minutes on hold. I've been very patient with the ups and downs while I've had the phone but I don't know how else to get this problem resolved.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @megan spielbusch‌ - Please try an MSL reset (this is a RESET so please back up important info); please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 486886

Press the Menu button and then hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.