**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Visual voicemail notification but no new voicemail....

Jack Ragsdale Jr.Jack Ragsdale Jr. Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
Hello. I have Visual Voicemail and after receiving a new message, I am now receiving a notification for a new voicemail every few hours. However, the message it is trying to download is an old one from November '17, zero seconds length and the download never ends. I have tried deleting all my messages and the offending messages always returns no matter how many times I try to delete it. It seems to be stuck in a download loop.
Is there anything that can be done to erase that message and stop the constant notifications.

Thanks in advance.
-JR

Comments

• gizmodogizmodo Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    I have an Android phone with version 21.02.170.0905 of the Visual Voicemail app. Every time I go into the application it says I have one voicemail but it is spinning as though it is downloading. I have had this problem for a few weeks now, it is always the same voicemail. If I select "Delete All" it goes away but shortly after I get a notification that I have a new voicemail. This is driving me crazy. I have tried logging out of the app, clearing the data and nothing works, I keep getting this voicemail back. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • James LivingstonJames Livingston Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the exact same issue. Been occurring since 1/10/2018. I cleared DATA, CACHE, Force Stopped the App and I have un-installed/Re-installed the visual voice mail app. Please advise.
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 564FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Have you tried doing as you said plus going into your account and turning off voicemail? I remember someone discussing this before.
  • Michelle AndersonMichelle Anderson Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I am looking for an answer too! It happening to me also.
    Try turning off your voicemail in your account settings. Then proceed with the troubleshooting like you tried before. Wait for an hour or so and turn voicemail back on. Wouldn't hurt to try.
  • deborah mulcahydeborah mulcahy Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I recently added voice mail to my account but it does not work. I vaguely remember when I first got Freedom Pop without voice mail that I had an option to turn it off so that people wouldn't leave messages which I would never get. Could that be the problem? And how do I turn it back on?
  • gizmodogizmodo Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    I'll give this a try. In the account page it says they store voicemails for one month even if you aren't subscribing to the service. Hopefully this works though!
  • pikenpiken Posts: 137FreedomPop Newbie
    I have 2 voicemails that I can't delete and have rotating circles like
    they are updating but never complete and can not get rid of them.

Delete them and they come right back after checking voicemail.

Other new voice mails I can delete.

I've.......

restarted phone
    Cleared cached
    Cleared data
    un-installed / re-installed voicemail app

Everything clears off phone, but when check for new voice mails
    they come back again.

And even worse they keep circling like they are updating and also keep
    setting off the voice mail notification.

Any help?
  • Jack Ragsdale Jr.Jack Ragsdale Jr. Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
    I have searched the forums but did not find anything specific to this. My Impression is that it is an issue on the FP side if the pipeline, since nothing we try has worked. Would be nice if a FP expert would give us some guidance....

-JR
    looking into it further it seems people are having this issue with "Zombie" voice mails. Look at reviews for voice mail in play store.

I've had to un-install voice mail for now.
    installed older version of Visual Voicemail ver. 21.01.156.0601 and this version works correctly.

Turned off playstore auto update so doesn't reinstall buggy version.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    edited January 19 #14
    That is your problem. Log into your account. I think there is a setting on the left side of the page that is "settings". Click on that and it will open up. You will see an option in the middle of the screen with a down arrow. Click on that, scroll down the page till you see "voice". Click and turn voicemail on.
  • wcreativewcreative Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same issue. A single VM that continuously loads. I have reset everything, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. Been happening since January 9th. PLEASE HELP.
    Mine started around the same time and after I received a new voicemail.
    Been thru all the settings and have switched 'voice and storage' on and off, and so on and nothing has solved the problem. This is a FP bug and needs to be solved on their end.

-JR
  • PDoylePDoyle Posts: 8Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    Looks like installing a old version is the solution for now? How do you get the old version? I Google Visual Voicemail ver. 21.01.156.0601 and get some weird websites: Aptoide.com for instance.
    I put in a ticket Delete Voicemail 180122-000601 Unresolved 01/22/2018
    downgrading version only appeared to work. Doesn't show the zombie voicemail downloading, but they
    are still there and it still sets off the voicemail notification.

I've re-sorted to permanently un-installing the voicemail app for now until there's a fix.

****** IS THERE A WAY TO MANUALLY CHECK VOICEMAIL?***** like the olden days where
    you call yourself and enter a pin number?

Even without voicemail app installed you still get notified of voicemail, but no way to check them.

I guess could install app, check voicemail and then un-install app.

This issue is wide spread, I'm sure will be fixed this year sometime.
  • Jack TroutJack Trout Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Just for jumping on the piles sake, I have been having this same issue since November 2017. I didn't put in a ticket until January 10th 2018, I have had all the same troubleshooting things I did on my own thrown at me, even though in my ticket I stated I had already done of those steps twice. I went as far to do a full wipe on my phone to factory settings and the re-install everything fresh from the app store. I still had 5 messages from the month of november stuck. I was told on January 15th that my ticket was being escalated, and I would be contacted by the development team. I emailed back on the 22nd and got a basic please wait some more response.

In the mean time I turned off the voice mail storage for 24 hours on from the web control panel hoping that would wipe my voicemail account from their servers and rebuild them and then turned it back on, but once I turned my voice mail back on, the messages returned to my app. I do not understand the problem. Our phone techs at work can wipe an voicemail box with 2 clicks of a control panel, I am struggling to figure out what takes 17 days to clear out stagnant emails, or why the delete all messages doesn't actually delete all.
    Typical FP service these days. No official guidance, ignore the problems of non-premium users and maybe they will get around to it sometime in your lifetime. This year if we are lucky....

-JR
  • David F McRitchieDavid F McRitchie Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    edited January 29 #22
    Visual voice mail indicated that you pay for a text rendition of your voicemail, but it appears that there is no free regular voicemail either, yet a voicemail is recorded for you that only FP and gov can hear/see (unless you pay for transcription service). I don't want anybody to record a message thinking that I will be able to hear that message -- that is just wrong. Nor can I leave an announcement that voicemail is not available but text messages are can be left by known callers.

How to get rid of the unavailable voicemail messages has not been answered either, but nobody should be able to leave a message if you can't listen to them.

Edit: I did have Visual Voicemail (Voicemail) turned off in FP maybe there was a latency problem, because now it does nothing, which is best, because I just got an Obi200 connected to my GoogleVoice(GV) account for all my calls, and GV has a delay of 25 seconds (actually 30 secs) before it goes to Voice Mail so now I still get my voice mail both as text and voice delivered to my email by GV. I don't know many people willing to wait 30 secs but I will tell them. For those not familiar with GV, I can have calls going to GV ring all of my phones and pick up whichever is at hand, closest or cheapest to answer. GV is available only in US and can call most US/CAN numbers. Once set up you can call from anywhere with internet service to US/CAN
    Post edited by David F McRitchie on
    You have the option in your account to turn voicemail off. YOU are responsible for maintaining your account and not Fpop.
    I think all the dev's quit and went to work on the Blockchain instead.

This is not about maintaining your account, this is a bug in the software and a wide spread bug.

I am a premium user and have a few accounts with FP for a couple of years now.

I am no longer able to use voicemail, had to un-install the app.

I'd still be fine in the meantime if I could just manually check my voicemail!

Why is that not possible?

Hello PDoyle,

Thank you for contacting FreedomPop Online Services. My name is Nicole and I will be more than happy to assist you with your concern. It is our understanding that you are having issues deleting voicemails.

We thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be advised that we are aware of the issue and is being worked on by our development team. We are unable to provide estimated time of resolution at the moment but rest assured that we are looking into resolving this issue the soonest.

As a valued FreedomPop customer, we hope that we have addressed all concerns. However, should you need additional assistance, please feel free to respond to this incident and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please also be sure to visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com and our FreedomPop Communities at https://forums.freedompop.com/.

Thank you,
    Nicole
    Your Personal Online Service Agent
    Thanks PDoyle for posting that. At least now we know that they are "aware" of the situation. Whether or not they will "resolve" it in a timely manner is anyone's guess.
    -JR