Inactive "LTE SIM Kit": won't let me get a new number

terrygterryg Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
I have an LTE SIM Kit on the Basic LTE 200 (free) plan. I haven't used it for a while. When I logged in, the phone number was gone and it said I had to click to reactivate. I did that and it's reactivated. But when I go to get a new phone number, it can't find any. I know numbers are available in that area code for a paid number change (on another account).

Is there some other step I need to take to get a number assigned to this SIM? Or is it actually dead and I should just buy another SIM from FP?

Thanks!

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @terryg that seems odd. Try about 10 different area codes and compare with the other SIM. Maybe that one area code is misbehaving.
    Ever since this last summer the wholesaler of numbers has been running out of numbers in quite a few area codes every few days. Sometimes they are not refilled within 24 hours like they used to do. Out of 10 areas, I might find 1-3 empty some days.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • LucyLucy Posts: 378 admin
    terryg said:

I have an LTE SIM Kit on the Basic LTE 200 (free) plan. I haven't used it for a while. When I logged in, the phone number was gone and it said I had to click to reactivate. I did that and it's reactivated. But when I go to get a new phone number, it can't find any. I know numbers are available in that area code for a paid number change (on another account).

Is there some other step I need to take to get a number assigned to this SIM? Or is it actually dead and I should just buy another SIM from FP?

Thanks!

Hey there,

Unfortunately, you will need to select a different area code. Our Development team has informed that the closest area code available to you would be 786.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences.
    Thank You!
This discussion has been closed.