Reactivate LG Volt on exisiting FP account

Kristina MarkovicKristina Markovic Posts: 51FreedomPop Newbie
Hi all,

I need help to reactivate my previous device on my existing FP account. I put in a ticket on Monday morning and still no response. Anyway, my Nexus 5x died its experiencing the dreaded bootloop issue so I need to send it in for repair. In the mean time I need to have a device that works in case of emergency. I have my LG Volt that I had active on this account prior to getting my Nexus 5x and would like to reactivate it. I have no issue paying the activation fee but there seems to be no easy way to do this.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kristina

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,355FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kristina Markovic the LG Volt is likely a Sprint phone (especially if bought via FreedomPop ) and to re-activate you go here: https://www.freedompop.com/byod
    If you did that already, what error caused you to stop activation ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Kristina MarkovicKristina Markovic Posts: 51FreedomPop Newbie
    @Rich Sias (16th) thanks for your reply. I tried to activate that route but it says it has already been activated, which it has, and says I need to call tech support. Called tech support with the number given and they immediately redirected me to the automated prompt once its not a new account and it loops eventually saying I must pay to talk to someone. So i put in a ticket last week and still nothing. It's been a while for me so the whole pay for live support is a new thing I learned lol. Anyway, they gotta streamline this better. I would switch devices more often if it was an easier process. I dont mind paying the fee but I apparently have to keep creating new emails which is ridiculous. Its not like i want two devices active on the same account at the same time its one at a time so why must we create new emails? I have had several issues and have had to do this at least 5 times already since i switched and honestly thats an unusual number of email accounts to have imo and now to create new emails they want all this personal information its not an easy process. On top of all that i tried to use an old email and i cannot because once its used its one and done. Thats crazy once its deactivated they should release it. I want to keep my current phone number and account email/information I just want this particular device to be put in place of the nexus and nothing else to change.

If anyone can help me with that i would appreciate it. Sorry for the rant lol.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,355FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kristina Markovic You've lost the activation and then had to start over and this has gone on 5X ? Something is wrong to lose the activation so quickly. There are challenges with Non-use of an account for long periods of time. This needs the investigation by an admin here.
    Who's listening ? @karina @MariaM_ @AlejandraG @Lucy @CarlosG
    @Rich Sias (16th) thanks for your reply. I am currently talking with someone from support they are reactivating it.
    @Kristina Markovic Post the summary so we can all learn what is needed.
    Something to do for ourselves or needs FreedomPop intervention to fix ?
    Ok so support reactivated the device and account/email it was originally on I just had to pick a new number. I didn't bother with switching it over to my current account because I am sending my 5X for repair and when it comes back I can just go right back to using it as is. I do have a diff number now but its alright, I primarily use my GV number, so its just for emergency purposes to have cell service because nobody wants to talk to me anyway lol.

I do not know why it wouldn't let me activate it on my own since I know I deactivated/cancelled the account a while back. It just said it was previously activated and I needed to call support and they reactivated it for me on their end but didn't explain why it wouldn't work. This is something that needs FP intervention to fix and cannot be done on your own.

I assume if you have an old device you already used on FP and canceled service they never really remove it from their database they just shut off service for it so if you want to go back to using it you need someone from support to reactivate it for you. Just give them the IMEI of the device and they turn the service back on and you just pick a new number. Then if you want to port the number you can do that on your own I believe.

Now I do not know if this is them not releasing the device/locking the phone to their network. I didn't bring this device to another carrier so I cannot say. I guess if you are ever going to remove a device or cancel service for a device to sell or bring to another carrier you should just make sure they release it just in case.