Unable to activate

Zach ShaldZach Shald Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I have been unable to activate my Galaxy SII. I have tried calling ##786# and entering my MSL, but it says 'Invalid lock code'. I have tried updating Profile and PRL manually in the settings menu, but I get an error for invalid sign-in. Any ideas?

Comments

• @Zach Shald‌ - Perform the MSL reset again, and remember to be on a strong 4G connection when performing resets/updates.

Please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button (for the EVO 4G, you will have to tap the menu button to then see the reset option) and then enter your MSL code: 458021

Hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.

Please let me know if this works for you!
  • Zach ShaldZach Shald Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have more information to share. I was able to reset using MSL 000000 rather than the supplied MSL. But after this reset, the hands-free activation failed with error 131, sign-in failure. I also cannot update PRL or profile manually - I get the same error 131. But I have tested the phone on both wifi and 4g, and I am able to call and text. So the only annoyance is that the hands-free activation periodically tries to execute and fails.
This discussion has been closed.