No Sprint service, advice please.

XenuXenu Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I have almost zero Sprint service at my house. I have to go out in the street to make calls. I guess that's not the end of the world, it's a quiet street and the weather is good, but I'd kinda like to be able to make and receive calls from inside.

Does FP have anything like a Sprint Airave, or if I bought one off ebay would it work with FP?

I can make calls but not receive them using connection optimizer. I'm not keen on wiping out a bunch of stuff from the phone doing an MSL reset. Would a profile/PRL update erase stuff too? I have a Galaxy S4. Also not keen on the phone trying to connect to whatever wifi is in range instead of using the cell network when I'm out. That sounds like a headache.

Hoping for some good advice.

Chris

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Xenu‌ - The Sprint Airave would improve your signal at your home, and we have had other users purchase this to use with our service.

If you would like to try a PRL/profile update this will not wipe your data and may improve your connectivity.
  • XenuXenu Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Taylor. I'll try updating somewhere that has good LTE connectivity.
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Xenu said:

I have almost zero Sprint service at my house. I have to go out in the street to make calls. I guess that's not the end of the world, it's a quiet street and the weather is good, but I'd kinda like to be able to make and receive calls from inside.

Does FP have anything like a Sprint Airave, or if I bought one off ebay would it work with FP?

I can make calls but not receive them using connection optimizer. I'm not keen on wiping out a bunch of stuff from the phone doing an MSL reset. Would a profile/PRL update erase stuff too? I have a Galaxy S4. Also not keen on the phone trying to connect to whatever wifi is in range instead of using the cell network when I'm out. That sounds like a headache.

Hoping for some good advice.

Chris

@Xenu Freedompop calling works over wifi ... If you have home internet buy a cheap wifi router. This will save on data costs as well.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014 #5
    Using the Wilson Cradle also helps but I personally like the Airave because it is like a personal cell tower.

REMEMBER: YOU NEED TO HAVE AN ACTIVE SPRINT ACCOUNT TO HAVE AN AIRAVE IN SERVICE. THIS IS BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL TAXED EVERY MONTH BY $8 TO USE IT ON SPRINT.