**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

False advertising? No tethering/hotspot on new 4G LTE phones.

FireflyFirefly FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
Just received my new Samsung Galaxy Victory phone via FedEx from Freedompop, so I decided to try it out. Thought I would try out the hotspot feature, nope, says you don't have access to that feature and to contact the phone company. So I try the USB tethering feature, nope, can't share data connection that way either. So what's the deal, I have the Unlimited Everything plan which is advertised as having free tethering and hotspot feature to share the internet connection and neither feature is present on this phone. Is this a case of false advertising features that aren't actually on the phone?

Here is the advertisement directly from Freedompop own blog page:
http://blog.freedompop.com/freedompop-lte-unlimited-everything/

" Free tethering will also be included on all new FreedomPop LTE phones so that they can easily and affordably be used as hotspots."

So what the **** is the deal?

Comments

• FireflyFirefly FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Also from their FAQ's

http://support.freedompop.com/Device/FreedomPhone/34246403/Can-the-Freedom-Phone-act-as-a-hotspot.htm

Can the Freedom Phone act as a hotspot?

Our Samsung Galaxy S3 ,4 and Victory can be used as hotspots, and are functional for tethering. All other Freedom Phones do not support this function.
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Firefly This is an issue with the Android LTE devices, to avoid this get clockwork mod tether for USB or TrevEMod (req a root) for WiFi tethering. The latter option will void your warranty.
  • garin shawgarin shaw FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    I hooked up my victory and tethering worked for me -- hotspot did not. :)
  • Michael  AndersonMichael Anderson FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    I just got my S3 yesterday, and no Hotspot, no tethering, and my account shows I've eaten up almost a gb of data in one day, when I've been on wifi 90% of the time! What gives?
  • Aaron  Smith Photon F3Aaron Smith Photon F3 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Does the HTC EVO 4G allow hotspot tethering? This is the main reason I bought this phone since LTE is not in my area for Freedompop.
  • Michael  AndersonMichael Anderson FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Now I can answer my own question in this forum. They're working on the tethering issue, which is good to know, and I guess since it's VOIP, calls and texts take up data, which, for the cost, is fair enough. I feel confident enough with the service at this point to cancel my Verizon contract.
  • @Michael Anderson‌ We're glad you were able to get help from one of our phone agents. If you have any more questions, please let me know. Thanks!