Can't activate 2 BYOD phones

Paul BennettPaul Bennett Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I have 2 phones I'm trying to switch to Freedompop from Zact. Both are on the approved list, a Galaxy S3 and a Galaxy Victory. I get the error message "Snap, looks like we do not currently support your phone model, but we will let you know when we add it.". My guess is because the phones are active on Zact (Sprint reseller) but I'm not sure. I sent an email to Freedompop 3 days ago but haven't received a reply and Zact will be shutting down August 3rd so if anyone has an answer I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,386 admin
    @donkeykong‌ Hey, since the devices are still connected through another service you will have to wait until August 3rd as you stated. PM me if you have any issues attempting to connect then!
  • Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I believe this would fall under the "clean ESN" issue in that your service has to be completed with your current provider before you can switch. Did the phones complete under the terms of the Sprint contract prior to use with Zact?
  • George PhillipsGeorge Phillips Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @donkeykong, With the boyd plan, it says you get unllimited talk and text and 500mb of data. Do they have other plans that you can upgrade to a higher data plan? If so, what are the plans?
  • KevinBKevinB Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same problem with a Virgin Mobile Galaxy Victory. The phone is off contract, yet it says it's not supported by Freedompop. Doesn't make sense...
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,338FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KevinB‌ - that's because it a virgin mobile and not a sprint phone. You need a sprint phone with one of the models in the BYOD list.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Miguel S.Miguel S. Posts: 364FP Flyer admin
    @George Phillips‌ How's an unlimited plan sound? We have an unlimited everything plan for $20 upon signup and $23.25 if upgraded after signup.

@KevinB‌ @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )‌ got it right, Virgin Mobile phones are not supported with our BYOD program at this time. Sorry about that!
This discussion has been closed.