**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Do calls and texts use fractions of my monthly data

oogenoejoogenoej FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
New to this. I don't use data for anything, so I turned it off on all my apps except find my iPhone and freedompop. Yet still I've noticed that my data is being used up piece by piece. Is this because each text and call I make outside of a wifi network is using calculator data?

Answers

• kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 664 ✭✭✭
    Yes. It will deduct call minutes and texts on wifi but not data.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    They are supposed to restore any data used for calls. But just having the app on may still use some data based on what I read here: https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/comment/108606#Comment_108606

As noted there, I found my phone to be using about 1 MB per hour off wifi and that was with very few restrictions, unlike your settings. I think I had restricted background data only on weather channel app and newsstand.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers Posts: 415 ✭✭✭
    @oogenoej

@Jeffrey Burger is correct. Data is required in order to place a call/text since the app uses internet (VoIP). The data is not deducted from your monthly allotment though, only minutes and texts are.

It's also important to note that many devices run tasks/updates in the background such as email synching. If you are not on WiFi, this will consume data.

-JJFreedom
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • Dmitry MatyukhinDmitry Matyukhin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I see megabytes of data usage in my account.
    But I didn't run any applications today and I restricted background data for the apps as well.

The only app which might use the data is FP's own.

Is data usage calculation taking FP voice app traffic into account or what?
    Because I get notification about 50% threshold while I believe it's not the case.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,272 admin

I see megabytes of data usage in my account.
    But I didn't run any applications today and I restricted background data for the apps as well.

The only app which might use the data is FP's own.

Is data usage calculation taking FP voice app traffic into account or what?
    Because I get notification about 50% threshold while I believe it's not the case.

Hi! Can you please forward a screenshot of the notification you get?