**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Messaging app background data usage

So, this morning I unlocked the phone and was greeted with a message that I've used up the data for this billing cycle. Upon closer look - within a few morning hours the FP Messaging app used 3.5G of mobile data in the background. All while the phone was locked and was not in use. So the questions are:
1. What can I do about it and can I get the data back? (I don't even want to use topup at the moment since the app may just go through that in a few minutes)
2. What is it that you are transferring in the background to/from my phone?

Comments

• KennyPopoolaKennyPopoola FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I also experienced the same thing. i wonder if it is peculiar to android. I raised a support ticket (attached the screenshots like yours).
    Fingers crossed it comes back positive.
  • wwwmaniacwwwmaniac FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I did open a support ticket as well. Please share what the outcome of yours would be once you get a response, looks like they aren't particularly quick with responses.
  • nsn_usnsn_us FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    I experienced the exactly same issue starting a couple of days ago. Please fix the issue. Thanks
  • nsn_usnsn_us FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Any progress on fixing this issue? The background data usage is so high in recent days that I had to completely turn off the background data usage for the messaging app. As a result, I can't receive any phone call when WIFI is not available. Please help!
  • taurusgdtaurusgd FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    edited March 11 #6
    Same thing here. Started around 9am this morning while at the dentist. 900 mb disappeared by 10.30 am all from the messaging app.
    Please give is back our data! I just joined the annual plan a few days ago, maybe related......
    PS I have put in a ticket
    Post edited by taurusgd on
  • taurusgdtaurusgd FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    I have put in a ticket.
  • wwwmaniacwwwmaniac FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    By the way, if you check wifi usage for the app it's also high. What happens is so often (at least for me) it will burst a ton of data (about 8GB each from wifi and mobile, if available) and calm down. I've talked to support a few times, but all they say is that their app "shouldn't do it" and that "it must be another voip app" that I have installed (while I have none). At this point I just gave up and am in a process of switching providers and porting a number.