**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

migrating to the new "3-in-1 LTE SIM"

Gregory CaseGregory Case FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
I am migrating to the new "3-in-1 LTE SIM" as instructed by FreedomPop for my Moto E 2nd Gen LTE, White that was bought from FreedomPop I get "access point names are not available for this user" message. Also the phone does not recognize the SIM. The original Global SIM still works correctly, Please help.

Answers

• María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,288 admin

I am migrating to the new "3-in-1 LTE SIM" as instructed by FreedomPop for my Moto E 2nd Gen LTE, White that was bought from FreedomPop I get "access point names are not available for this user" message. Also the phone does not recognize the SIM. The original Global SIM still works correctly, Please help.

Hello Gregory. Your FreedomPop SIM card should perform an auto-configuration for your phone. However, in rare cases the APN may not set properly and will require manual configuration. If you are having issues with establishing an sa connection, you may need to manually register these settings for your device. Please follow these steps to get started:

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS.

Android link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN
    Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account"

• Gregory CaseGregory Case FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
    Please re-read my original message. ..........I get "access point names are not available for this user" message.......

So I am unable to follow the steps you are suggesting.

Also As a reminder the Moto E 2nd Gen LTE, was bought from FreedomPop and is (primarily) a CDMA phone. Can this phone work with this the new 3-in-1 LTE SIM. Using and following all of the instructions does not allow the phone to work.
  • kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 664 ✭✭✭
    No. The LTE sim is gsm only. It also lacks the bands used by AT&T. Several of us on the dslreports forms and a couple if other s tried to get them to work. You could turn on the gsm side only to work with Fpop's global sim.
    Do you understand that **** initiated the entire group of transactions? The Moto E 2nd Gen LTE, was bought from FreedomPop less than a year ago. Last week, I received a email to "migrate" to the new "3-in-1 LTE SIM" for that phone, that I also bought and paid for. How will **** correct these errors? How will I be reimbursed? In the meantime I have no service. Please escalate this to your superiors.
  • kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 664 ✭✭✭
    Back off! I'm a customer like you. Take your attitude to someone else. I was trying to help. We're done!

Please re-read my original message. ..........I get "access point names are not available for this user" message.......

So I am unable to follow the steps you are suggesting.

Also As a reminder the Moto E 2nd Gen LTE, was bought from FreedomPop and is (primarily) a CDMA phone. Can this phone work with this the new 3-in-1 LTE SIM. Using and following all of the instructions does not allow the phone to work.

We are sorry to hear that! Our 4G LTE sims need a compatible unlocked GSM device, running Android 4.1+ or iOS 8.2+, your device is CDMA so it is not compatible with your new SIM card.
    Do you understand that FreedomPOP suggested I buy the new SIM for the phone I bought from Freedompop. How did that happen? How will Freedompop help?

Do you understand that FreedomPOP suggested I buy the new SIM for the phone I bought from Freedompop. How did that happen? How will Freedompop help?

I issued a refund for $0.99 for your LTE SIM card as a one time courtesy. You should be able to see these funds back to your account within 3-7 business days depending on your financial institution.
This discussion has been closed.