Porting number

Michael  AndersonMichael Anderson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Trying to port my existing number to Freedompop (Galaxy S3). Following the instructions right up to submitting, keeps saying "account info needed or incorrect". I am taking the acct number right off of my Verizon bill, and it won't accept! Anybody?

Best Answer

Answers

• Richard KeanRichard Kean Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Michael,
    I just ported my number over from Verizon this week. I had repeatedly gotten the same "account info needed or incorrect" error message also. You might try entering the Verizon account number without the -0000n suffix; worked for me.
  • Michael  AndersonMichael Anderson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Jorge! What I found, and what many people may not realize is that the account number is different from the "porting account number", which at Verizon is often the last four of the social. I put that number in place of the account number, and it went through. Apparently, it takes a few days for the process to complete, unlike with established companies where the porting is immediate. That's fine as long as it does go through, I'll be a happy camper!
  • Richard KeanRichard Kean Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

...the account number is different from the "porting account number", which at Verizon is often the last four of the social. I put that number in place of the account number, and it went through...

Good luck Michael
  • Michael  AndersonMichael Anderson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    It went through with the last 4, but came back after a day with "wrong account number". I called Verizon, and they said to put a zero in front of the account password, and re-submit. After another day, I have my old number working on my phone, after updating the messaging app. Thanks for the help, everybody!