Xiaomi MI A1?

M ColvinM Colvin Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
Can the Xiaomi MI A1 be used on freedompop?
Thanks.

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @M Colvin Maybe, but likely that may be short one band in 3G and 1 or 2 short in LTE. Speeds would not be the fastest available but it may be able to be made to to work. It will need to be unlocked.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • M ColvinM Colvin Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    On the Amazon page it lists
    "Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
    Please check if your GSM cellular carrier supports the bands for this model before purchasing, LTE may not be available in all areas: 4G FDD-LTE B1/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20 TDD-LTE B38/B40 3G WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz 2G GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz."
    So, Freedompop GSM or CDMA?
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 422FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @M Colvin

Since the specs say it's not compatible with CDMA Carriers, FreedomPop's CDMA service will also not be compatible.
    However, FreedomPop's GSM Service will be compatible. The GSM SIM Card runs off of AT&T's nationwide network that uses LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 17 (17 is interchangeable with 12)
    Bands 4/5 appear to be their main source of networking; however as Rich said, if you would like complete coverage, you will need a device compatible with such bands.

Summary: CDMA won't work, only GSM. GSM should work, but not 100% to best possible coverage.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.