**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Dormant account - Reactivating

Sorin NicuSorin Nicu Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
I have an LTE SIM card that I want to use again - I didn't use it and became "dormant". On my account web page I set it "active" again, got a new phone number, but the phone would not acquire network with the APN fp.com.attz.

The phone number associated is (757) 600-0778

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018 #2
    @Sorin Nicu
    Did that SIM work previously with it before dormancy ? If not used with that SIM before, then I would suspect the phone's settings / setup /etc. needs adjusting.
    Is it an unlocked GSM phone ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Sorin NicuSorin Nicu Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
    It started working eventually. Thanks!
  • s_ramji79s_ramji79 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue. My account was Dormant and activated it today.. But it is not picking up signal.(showing NO Service)
  • s_ramji79 said:

I have the same issue. My account was Dormant and activated it today.. But it is not picking up signal.(showing NO Service)

Hi!

Our team is glad to assist you.

Please provide the last four digits of the line in question so we can take a closer look at it.
  • SJHODSJHOD Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My account went dormant from non use. Every time I call in, the automated system says that "My account is in a dormant state do to non use. If you would like to reactivate your account, please press 1..." When I press 1 I get "Your account was successfully reactivated. Please resync account data in your Freedompop app..." The problem is that the Freedompop Appgoes into setup and tries to assign me a new phone number. Last 4 digits of the phone number are ...0077
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SJHOD - if the account is dormant long enough the phone number is returned to the pool for reuse by others. Choose a new number. Observe on that choosing page that the price shows $0.00 ! That means you are treated the same as I have been each time this has happened to me. (long enough = 60+ days of no activity)

Just make one 5 minute phone call each calendar month and it should be good enough to keep the number thieves at bay.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs