**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

The GSM sim cards and users should get 500MB of Free Data Too! Here is why...

DejayDejay Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
A week ago or so the CEO of FreedomPop talked about the many plans and services of FreedomPop and how for most people it can save them about $40-$100 extra a month. He also said that all the free plans included 500MB of free data each month. This indeed included the GSM sim cards and Data only sims as well. This is false ads. This is not true because even when you check the FreedomPop deals and sites online. It clearly shows just 200MB Free on the GSM sim card offers when you are on the $0/month plan. He discussed this in the latest podcast on USA Today Talking Tech. I actually went to a rep via Twitter in DM and share this information with them. If this is coming soon, then cool! Everyone will be happy about 500MB of free LTE data out the box. GSM and Sprint. If not true at all, the CEO needs to clear things up to the listeners and readers. New customers might be expecting 500MB free and not 200MB. Just speaking on behalf of the GSM sim card owners. What are you all thoughts on this?
Tagged:

Comments

• mektekmektek Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I guess AT&T charges more for data than Sprint, so GSM gets less data. FP still has to pay for it, even if you don't
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 271FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    One of our SIMs on the free plan actually does show 1000 MB (500 + 500 friend bonus) on the overview and usage pages as well as on the phone app. I think it's just an error, though.
This discussion has been closed.