Anyone use the likes of the Hyperion or Anker extended batteries

Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
with their Freedompop Galaxy S3s? The stock battery goes from fully charged to dead in about 10-11 hours even if I don't touch the phone. I have disabled a bunch of apps I don't use, the brightness is set to minimum, etc. but it still isn't enough for my needs. Just curious if anyone has used the extended batteries (preferrably in the 4200-4400mAh range, since the 7000+ batteries can decrease your signal strength) and if they have noticed any adverse effects with either the battery or larger back that they come with?

Comments

• htc3dsprintevohtc3dsprintevo Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I haven't used any on the Galaxy S3 in particular, but I can say I have used the Anker batteries before and found it to be a very noticeable improvement on the single charge life of a battery (as it should considering the mAh), and really there we're no drawbacks other than the size of the extended back casing (So in that regard you cant use a case and it is bulky), and that charging it does take longer but thats also to be expected) However I wouldn't recommend the 7000+ like you said for those exact reasons, but if it means anything I'd say you're safe in buying an Anker extended battery. (Haven't tested Hyperion though, but people say they're just as good)
  • Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Good to know. Thanks. I have an Anker bluetooth keyboard and case for my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and I am amazed at the quality they were able to deliver for the price, so I was leaning towards them for the S3 battery as well. I figure that the 4400mAh battery and case for the S3 shouldn't be too bad as the S3 is a very slender phone as is.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Good to know for others @htc3dsprintevo‌ thanks for sharing!