**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop and Android Auto

DozerCSXDozerCSX Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Greetings! I have a Chevy Bolt and it appears that the FreedomPop Messaging app is not updated to work with Android Auto phone calls and text messaging - phone calls hang on call connection, and text messaging simply doesn't work. Has anyone had success in configuring FreedomPop to work with Android Auto? (I assume the same problem exists for Apple CarPlay)

Answers

• Brian DahlmanBrian Dahlman Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I indeed have the same problem with apple CarPlay as you are describing with AA. Since all the FreedomPop services have to run through their app (phone calls, text messages) and not natively from the phone hardware, I don’t think it’s possible. This is a deal breaker for me. I bought the FP SIM card and plan for use with my spare phone and apple CarPlay. Web data services worked fine. I was able to display and navigate with apple maps on my car display no problems.
  • Brian DahlmanBrian Dahlman Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Nope, doesn’t work on Apple CarPlay either! I doubt it will work for phone calls or text messaging with either android auto or CarPlay because those services have to be routed through the freedom pop App. Data services work just fine as I was able to navigate using Apple Maps just fine with CarPlay in the map displayed on the car screen. This is a deal breaker for me as I bought a Sim card for freedom pop with the sole purpose of using a spare phone on my new car that has Apple CarPlay capability.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018 #4
    Hi @DozerCSX and @Brian Dahlman
    I believe I know the reason for Carplay/Android Auto not working properly, and this is because calls and texts are going through FreedomPop's VoIP Application; where as calls usually go through the phone app built into the phone. FreedomPop would have to somehow get in touch with Google/Apple to somehow get that fixed.
    However, if you are using CDMA service (Runs of Sprint, unlike the GSM SIM Cards), I might suggest trying one of Unreal Mobile's new plans. If you contact an Admin, they might be able to migrate your account (Since Unreal is owned by FreedomPop). I think they have a $10 plan for 1GB highspeed, unlimited 2G speed data afterwards, and unlimited calling/texting through the native dialer (no FreedomPop app required). This should work with Carplay/Android If I am correct (since it would use the phone's regular dialer).
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.