"Invalid SIM" When Service Transfer from Global SIM to LTE SIM

Jian HJian H Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I ordered a 4G LTE SIM by clicking "Click here to upgrade" link in my original Global SIM account. After receiving the SIM, I tried to transfer the existing service from Global SIM to LTE SIM by clicking "I ALREADY RECEIVED NEW SIM (UPGRADE NOW)" button in my Global SIM account. I was then prompted to input the new SIM's ICCID number on "Service Transfer" page. However, after inputting the ICCID of my new SIM and clicking "VALIDATE" button, I always got "INVALID SIM" error message on the screen. The Tier 1 support doesn't know the answer after I issued a ticket. There has been no further help from FP after the issue was "escalated to our higher level of support for further review" several days ago. Can any one on this forum help me to resolve the issue? THANKS

Answers

• ruelruel Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    also getting the INVALID SIM error message!!!

maybe the sales people are sending out the LTE sim cards without connecting them to the users who ordered them??? because the input field is blank and not populated with the new LTE sim card's ICCID number on the page where you go to switch and transfer from the global sim to the new LTE sim. the instructions said the field should be populated with the new ICCID number of the new LTE sim card. but NO. it's not. seems to me that someone **** up???

so, anyways, had kept inputting the new ICCID number on that transfer page. INVALID SIM. double check, triple check, quadruple check to make sure inputting the correct number, and get nothing but INVALID SIM.

makes me want to give up. but spent $6.99 to have the new LTE sim card sent to me. but it's giving me the INVALID SIM error. argh!!!

have put in a support ticket. put that in around noontime today friday. was hoping they would get to it by later today. but no. oh so sad.... do these guys work on the weekends? or have to wait till next week? argh! sorry but call me somewhat very annoyed because was looking forward to transferring to the new LTE sim card because want to put it in a nice AT&T-locked android phone. but no, that's not happening right now, because the FP folks sent me what is currently an INVALID SIM.

so hey you guys at FP: please fix. thanks.
  • ruelruel Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    also getting the INVALID SIM error when trying to do the switch to transfer from my old global sim to the new LTE sim.

oh well. disappointed. but really more annoyed. my guess is the sales folks who send out the sim cards for these upgrades are not connecting these new LTE sim cards to the users who ordered them??? the instructions do say the input field should already have the new LTE sim card's ICCID inputted in the field blank on that page. but NO. it's not. so have to type in the number ourselves but keep getting the INVALID SIM error. double check, triple check, quadruple check the number to make sure that have inputted it correctly. yeah it's all correct. but still get that gawdawful INVALID SIM error.

makes me almost want to give up. but had paid $6.99 to have that new LTE sim card sent to me. so very annoyed that it is currently an INVALID SIM.

anyways, had put in a support ticket earlier today friday at around noontime. was hoping this would get fixed in a matter of hours. but was hoping for too much there. because still INVALID SIM. do the FP guys work on the weekends?? or is it like have to wait till sometime next week when they finally get around to my problem after they are done wading through all the other support tickets they probably have?? oh well whatever.

was really hoping to have this working now. because have been wanting to switch to a nice AT&T-locked android phone to put this LTE sim card in. but NO. because INVALID SIM.

so how about it to you folks at FP? a little help please. thanks.
  • ruellruell Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Having the same issue! FP has only offered the same generic response. A week now still nothing... Since this is a FP system error; they should correct. I shouldn't have to pay to talk directly to someone for an error in their automation online process.
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Admins do not work the weekends or Holidays.
  • Jian HJian H Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Great! I received the response below while I was waiting for the solution from FP's "higher level of support" :(

"We have not heard from you concerning your request for support in the 48 hours since we sent a response. Consequently, we have changed the status of your question to Solved."
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,265 admin
    Jian H said:

I ordered a 4G LTE SIM by clicking "Click here to upgrade" link in my original Global SIM account. After receiving the SIM, I tried to transfer the existing service from Global SIM to LTE SIM by clicking "I ALREADY RECEIVED NEW SIM (UPGRADE NOW)" button in my Global SIM account. I was then prompted to input the new SIM's ICCID number on "Service Transfer" page. However, after inputting the ICCID of my new SIM and clicking "VALIDATE" button, I always got "INVALID SIM" error message on the screen. The Tier 1 support doesn't know the answer after I issued a ticket. There has been no further help from FP after the issue was "escalated to our higher level of support for further review" several days ago. Can any one on this forum help me to resolve the issue? THANKS

ruel said:

also getting the INVALID SIM error when trying to do the switch to transfer from my old global sim to the new LTE sim.

oh well. disappointed. but really more annoyed. my guess is the sales folks who send out the sim cards for these upgrades are not connecting these new LTE sim cards to the users who ordered them??? the instructions do say the input field should already have the new LTE sim card's ICCID inputted in the field blank on that page. but NO. it's not. so have to type in the number ourselves but keep getting the INVALID SIM error. double check, triple check, quadruple check the number to make sure that have inputted it correctly. yeah it's all correct. but still get that gawdawful INVALID SIM error.

makes me almost want to give up. but had paid $6.99 to have that new LTE sim card sent to me. so very annoyed that it is currently an INVALID SIM.

anyways, had put in a support ticket earlier today friday at around noontime. was hoping this would get fixed in a matter of hours. but was hoping for too much there. because still INVALID SIM. do the FP guys work on the weekends?? or is it like have to wait till sometime next week when they finally get around to my problem after they are done wading through all the other support tickets they probably have?? oh well whatever.

was really hoping to have this working now. because have been wanting to switch to a nice AT&T-locked android phone to put this LTE sim card in. but NO. because INVALID SIM.

so how about it to you folks at FP? a little help please. thanks.

Hello,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to gather and provide personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.