**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Do I need to have bank card on file to get $50/year service?

jimdaysjimdays FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
I am considering to buy the Freedompop sim card for $50/year from Best Buy or Amazon. I don't want Freedompop to have any way to charge me for anything. Is it possible to do this (not have bank card on file)? Then, what happens if I use over a certain limit of data? I understand that all other services (unlimited talk, text, voice mail) is free. Is this true, or is there some limitation (besides data)? I would prefer (without paying any extra charge) to have the data just stop when I reach the limit. And what is the data limit? Is it 1GB or 750MB? I heard that some people were charged when their data exceeded 750MB. The confusement factor in pricing is a real negative point. Some websites have a video play without pressing "play", and also these websites might operate in the background, quickly using up data without knowledge of the user. It could be easy to reach the data limit without user knowledge.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1,855 admin
    jimdays said:

I am considering to buy the Freedompop sim card for $50/year from Best Buy or Amazon. I don't want Freedompop to have any way to charge me for anything. Is it possible to do this (not have bank card on file)? Then, what happens if I use over a certain limit of data? I understand that all other services (unlimited talk, text, voice mail) is free. Is this true, or is there some limitation (besides data)? I would prefer (without paying any extra charge) to have the data just stop when I reach the limit. And what is the data limit? Is it 1GB or 750MB? I heard that some people were charged when their data exceeded 750MB. The confusement factor in pricing is a real negative point. Some websites have a video play without pressing "play", and also these websites might operate in the background, quickly using up data without knowledge of the user. It could be easy to reach the data limit without user knowledge.

Hi! We are glad to hear you are interested in purchasing one of our annual sims. In Bestbuy we offer the prepaid cards for annual plans as well as regular sims. These prepaid cards do not require for you to document billing information but it also restricts the option for you to have any additional subscriptions, like add-on service or upgrade. The additional services are not free, they cannot be added to these type of sims.

Also, they do not have the chance to add credit so that you can use more data than what the plan includes monthly.
    The data limit depends on the plan you choose upon purchase.

If you want to have additional services, be able to add credit or choose and upgrade data plans, we recommend to purchase a regular sim instead but you will need to document your payment information.