Can't Receive Text messages

Kurt SchnelleKurt Schnelle Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I have a BYOD EVO 4G activated earlier this month. Everything works except receiving texts. I can send texts but can not receive any. The message counter for my account decrement but the text never appears on the phone.

Comments

• EdwinFreedomPopEdwinFreedomPop Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie, US Support admin
    @Kurt Schnelle‌ Try clearing the data from the FreedomPop Messaging app. You can do this by pressing the Home button, then press the Menu button. From there select Settings->Apps->All->scroll down until you see Messaging. Select it, then press the Force Stop button, followed by the Clear Data button. Once that is complete press the Home button and open the Messaging app. Enter your account email when prompted. Once the app is reregistered, see if you can now receive texts.
  • Kurt SchnelleKurt Schnelle Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried that earlier today and it made no difference. I'm still not receiving texts but can send them.
  • Kurt SchnelleKurt Schnelle Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried that earlier today but it did not work. Still have the exact same issue.
  • EdwinFreedomPopEdwinFreedomPop Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie, US Support admin
    @Kurt Schnelle‌ Try doing a PRL/Profile update. This is done by going to Settings->System Updates->Update PRL, then repeat for Profile.
  • Daniel CrosserDaniel Crosser Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Was having the same issue with my Samsung GS3. Went through all the other options first but I finally received texts after the PRL/Profile updates (Thank you @EdwinFreedomPop. Something else from another thread I saw is in the settings in the messaging app, under Easy Configuration make sure "Aways Available" and "I'm allowed to use mobile" are checked. And in Network make sure all the boxes under "For incoming Calls" and "For Outgoing Calls" are checked.