FreedomPop Announces LTE Tablets w/Free Data + Voice + Text!

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 194 admin
edited July 2014 in News and Updates #1
We are excited to announce that FreedomPop will now be selling the Apple iPad Mini and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, get one now! Along with now offering LTE tablets on FreedomPop we will also be expanding our free phone service to include these devices. You can read more about this HUGE announcement by clicking HERE. Also announced today is BYOD for tablets; tablets are now supported through BYOD! BYOD your tablet HERE.

GET IT NOW HERE!
Post edited by FreedomPop on

Comments

• hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    LTE only or 3g as well?
  • Jim BrislinJim Brislin Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have sprint service now in my house but I have to use there airave to get reception. I only get 3g with the airave will I be able to use the Samsung Galaxy tab 3 on Freedompop service?

Thanks,
    Jim
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hankjrod It will include free 3G because it is part of the phone service plan.
    @Ali I assumed so as well, but it doesn't say anywhere, so I thought I better ask to make sure.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hankjrod Wish they had free 3G for hotspots but someone has to pay for 3G anyways lol
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I just read they are sold out almost as soon as the posting went up! Thats a good sign, or alot of our folks already owned an ipad or pad of those models.

And to the newbs that are asking, as always read the fine print, only SPRINT related products need apply!!! Its all over every announcement each time a new device is added.
  • Nishan ChakmaNishan Chakma Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    I have an iPad mini with Sprint sim but it didn't activate on Sprint network. Can I activate it with Freedompop BYOD service and how? Cause I tried to activate it with the MEID number but it didn't recognize the number.
    @Nishan Chakma‌ you can reach out to an admin for assistance with that issue by placing an @ in front of their name, right @Mike‌ , can you help Nathan out?
  • Dennis BourniqueDennis Bournique Posts: 153FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @taylor is their a list of supported BYOD tablets. I'm guessing that the Tab 7.0 3 and 1st Gen iPad Mini are support because FreedomPop is selling those. But what about other Sprint tablets like the iPad Mini Retina. iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air and Sprint Optix? Are they all supported? If not which ones.
  • ???? ??????? ??? Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    Wimax won't go away for Freedompop hankjrod. Its a bandwidth of 2.5ghz and it is just being expanded and changed into lte. The actual ammount of towers that service wimax areas is going to expand rapidly once tdd-lte is implemented a bit more.
  • @taylor is their a list of supported BYOD tablets. I'm guessing that the Tab 7.0 3 and 1st Gen iPad Mini are support because FreedomPop is selling those. But what about other Sprint tablets like the iPad Mini Retina. iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air and Sprint Optix? Are they all supported? If not which ones.

@Dennis Bournique‌ - Supported BYOD tablets: Galaxy Tab 2, Galaxy Tab 3, iPad Mini (not retina) and iPad 4.
  • Andy LieuAndy Lieu Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Do you think there'll be a chance for nexus 7 2013(deb) support in the future?
  • Joseph DeSantisJoseph DeSantis Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    this is awesome, why dont u just use BYOD for nexus 7?
    It may actually be blacklisted ... not sure but they don't support the nexus 4 or 5 either. I am sure they are looking into it though. It has to be one of the most popular tablets, and the phones are very popular as well.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    I got Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM_T210R, but I am out luck because this one is wifi only, no sim.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • David DahlDavid Dahl Posts: 87FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    hankjrod said:

I don't have money, I won't be able to cross over to LTE when wimax goes away :( but it was great while it lasted, thanks for the experience. >:D<

craigslist? ebay? and byod....
    That all costs money, I mean I'm literally broke, unable to work. currency is only a hindrance to society, If everyone placed value in humanity instead of currency, the world would be a better place >:D<
  • Dennis BourniqueDennis Bournique Posts: 153FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Andy Lieu said:

Do you think there'll be a chance for nexus 7 2013(deb) support in the future?

The Nexus 7 doesn't work on Sprint so it won't work until FreedomPop starts offering service on another network.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

I got Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM_T210R, but I am out luck because this one is wifi only, no sim.

I was able to download freedompop voice and text app and are able to make call by WiFi, this is without a sim so the app is web base and can work over the web as well as thru sim card.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    edited August 2014 #24
    That all costs money, I mean I'm literally broke, unable to work. currency is only a hindrance to society, If everyone placed value in humanity instead of currency, the world would be a better place >:D<

@David Dahl
    I'm sure you can find some way to make some money ... maybe take some paint and throw it at some canvas and then sell it on ebay as modern abstract art *-:)
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014 #25
    @hankjrod‌, you nearly confused me. I thought you were another lonnnnggg term unemployed. But noooooo... You are the Jackson Pollok fan and @David Dahl‌ brother with me in lack of a paying job. I do hope Dave grabbed the Father's Day special or the slickdeals special in July. I was suspicious of paying $0 with $0 for shipping, but it has proven to be true. Provided one is diligent in downgrading plans and services to zero.

Hmmm, that Jackson idea may be on to sumthin' ! I got some old weathered useless wood and some paint I could toss...... I already have a digital camera and ebay account and internet access.... Maybe I too could become an abstract artist who could pay half of his internet bill. Only a few dozen objects might pull it off. All no cost, all profit. (Buyer pays shipping)
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Lee WilliamsLee Williams Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    All that? For what?
This discussion has been closed.