No longer receiving texts from shortcodes

Joseph MarvinJoseph Marvin Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I've had this service for a couple years, and never had any issues. I used my phone number for every verification, again, with no issues. A few days ago, I randomly stopped being able to receive any message from any shortcode. I messaged support and they said they don't even support shortcodes. This is obviously not true because I've been receiving them for such a long time.

I don't recall installing anything or changing anything on my phone. I started messing with settings but nothing changed anything. I also disabled third party messaging apps and that of course didn't do anything either. I don't understand why I can't find any hits through google on this issue. Everyone talking about shortcodes on this forum are from many years ago.

I have a nexus 6 btw.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Joseph MarvinJoseph Marvin Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    DiegoG said:

I've had this service for a couple years, and never had any issues. I used my phone number for every verification, again, with no issues. A few days ago, I randomly stopped being able to receive any message from any shortcode. I messaged support and they said they don't even support shortcodes. This is obviously not true because I've been receiving them for such a long time.

I don't recall installing anything or changing anything on my phone. I started messing with settings but nothing changed anything. I also disabled third party messaging apps and that of course didn't do anything either. I don't understand why I can't find any hits through google on this issue. Everyone talking about shortcodes on this forum are from many years ago.

I have a nexus 6 btw.

Hello Joseph,

I will gladly assist you with this problem related to short code numbers. I totally understand your concern since you were able to receive text messages from these numbers in the past, but not anymore. I have researched your account to determine if there is any feature that enables/block these kinds of messages, but I was unable to find it.

The fact is that we do not provide service to short code numbers, neither to send nor receive text messages. If you were able to receive/send messages from these numbers in the past, that could be due to a default setting on your Nexus phone from your previous carrier or also an update on the FreedomPop Messaging app.
    There's gotta be something else I can look into? Gotta be something to try. Is there a way to rollback the freedompop app? or is there a way to use a different messaging app?
  • SueSue Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the exact same problem. I have not been able to find solutions. Have you solved your problem? My phone is Samsung S4. I have been using it with FP for years. I think that FP should find a way to solve this problem. A lot of people have started to use this two-way security system. It is important for users to be able to receive "short code".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.