**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Visual Voicemail Not Working

Ann PIttmanAnn PIttman Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
My visual voicemail has been stuck trying to download voicemails for about 2 weeks now. As a result I haven't been able to check my voicemails. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps, to include updating apps, cache clearing, force stopping and uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail.

This issue renders the voicemail service completely useless and the fact that it's a 'premium' service and there isn't an alternative method for checking voicemail is completely unacceptable. In fact this issue is serious enough that it makes me consider switching providers. FreedomPop, you need to find a solution ASAP.

Comments

• bigegoxbigegox Posts: 1Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem, last voicemail keeps loading and never finishes downloading just keeps loading and giving me notifications that it is new but i never get to hear it. I did the same things to troubleshoot.
  • Ian CummingsIan Cummings Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Same
  • 3lectroDave3lectroDave Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Same! Need this fixed.
  • 3lectroDave3lectroDave Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Same. Need this fixed.
  • Janet LeeJanet Lee Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Visual voicemail stopped working on my phone April 9 - now. When will I be able to listen to my messages? I had to change my voice mail message telling people NOT to leave a message because I cannot listen to them. :s :s :s :s Will we be issued a credit or refund since we pay extra for voicemail?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
    One of my phones and the phones of my parents are also experiencing this problem and has been happening since the beginning of April. I have 24 voicemails and counting that I cannot listen to, and at this point, cannot even see who called.

We have also gone through the recommended steps of clearing cache, reinstalling, etc. to no avail. The current version, 21.04.192.0423, updated on 4/25 is the version we have, so updating did not fix the issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
  • good4lifegood4life Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Having same issue. Can not retrieve voicemail. Call to tech support resulted in my name being put on a list of affected parties. That's it! As this is my main line, it is very hard for me to understand why there is no alternative to retrieving something as simple as voicemail, especially when I have paid for it!
  • Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
    @AlejandraG ...I will try that and let you know what transpires
  • lfcoatslfcoats Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have followed all the same steps as @Stefani Williams but still my phone sits attempting downloads. I also made sure that the "MyFreedomPop" app was not interfering with the messaging app by removing it. I currently work as a computer tech and this is super frustrating. I don't care if you create a way to configure the following three forwarding conditions to go to another phone:
    * Busy Call Forwarding (Busy Call Transfer)
    * No Answer Call Forwarding (No Reply Forwarding)
    * Unreachable Call Forwarding (Phone Off Forwarding)

At least that way I could use You Mail or Google Voicemail. I have a family member in the hospital and has been unable to get my messages since I started with the service. Please help.
  • kenshirokenshiro Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    Like everyone else in this discussion, I've had very similar problems for a few months now. I keep getting notifications every few hours that i have unread voicemail but the "new" voicemails won't load/download. I even tested the voicemail calling the service from another number and leaving a message and I was not able to access it. I tried clearing the cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, losing all of my old voicemails, a few of which i wanted to keep, not a big deal, but still an annoyance. None of this fixed the problem. I haven't actually called technical support, but from reading this discussion it doesn't seem that they could do much. Has anyone had this problem resolved? It's frustrating not to have this service working when i'm already missing calls that never reach me in the first place, and even more frustrating since I am paying for this service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
This discussion has been closed.