How to prevent deactivation of upload-only data sim?

Brian KeeseBrian Keese Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I use a data-only sim card in a device that only uploads data and never downloads. It keeps being deactivated for non-use. How can I prevent this from happening?

For the curious, it is a solar inverter sending production/consumption data to the online monitoring platform.

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Brian KeeseBrian Keese Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    It is a cellular modem: Netgear LB1120.
    Yes, it is unlocked. And yes, I can change the APN's if necessary.
    My APN was already set to fp.com.attz. To restate my issue: uploads and downloads are working fine with this cellular modem. The problem is I don't ever ASK to download anything and that is seen by FreedomPop as lack of use. But, I actually am using the service to upload small amounts of data every day. Is there a way to prevent the deactivation of my sim card even when I don't ever want to download anything? I only want to upload.
    Thanks. That is was I was afraid of. The device I have attached to the modem is a solar inverter. It runs it's own software that only uploads. I can't make it download. The modem itself is supposed to check for firmware updates weekly, but that either isn't happening or the requests it makes don't result in data usage for some other reason. I will keep trying to find my own solution. Thanks again.