**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Are there catches to being on the free data plan for a moble hotspot?

Frank HawkinsFrank Hawkins FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
I was wondering if there's anything I need to watch out for on the free plan. Since they don't make any money from me on the free plan do they try to find a loop hole to shut my acct down make me lose data? Examples might be falsely claiming there was no MB usage activity for 60 days or cutting service claiming the device i'm using is now obsolete forcing me to buy a new device? I ask because another provider named internet on the go pulled this stunt on me 3 times.

Answers

• Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited April 24 #2
    Don't have hotspot, but have had no issues with the free service on phones. We have 3 phones using FreedomPop for 10, 8, and 3 months of service at $0 per month.

We do have $20 in account credits on the 3 phones, which has to be reactivated every 30-90 days, so we do not lose it. I also spent $30 to buy a FP phone, $0.99 for one SIM, an $0.01 for another SIM.

Of course, FP can decide at any time that they are no longer going to offer free service or change the terms on the free plans, just as any other no-contract phone service can change their charges or plans.
  • Frank HawkinsFrank Hawkins FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    thanks Jeff
This discussion has been closed.