No 4G LTE service?

Yue Luo2Yue Luo2 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Sprint recently rolled out 4G LTE service in our area, and the coverage map shows 4G LTE coverage. I bought FreedomPop Samsung Victory phone, which supports 4G LTE, but I only get 3G in our area. Why? Is there something wrong with the phone? Or does Sprint somehow give only 3G to FreedomPop users?

Best Answer

Answers

• Yue,
    FreedomPop users have access to full LTE coverage from Sprint. I have looked in to your account, and it looks like there was some account data out of sync in our system. I have refreshed your account, so if this is what was causing the problem you should now be able to connect to LTE. If you are still having problems with connectivity, please try a PRL update. Here's how to do do this:

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap settings, then scroll down to system updates
    3. Select update profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    4. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select update PRL instead of update profile

Please let me know if this works for you, thanks!
  • Yue Luo2Yue Luo2 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no "System Updates" option in the Settings menu. There are "Wi-Fi", "Hotspot", "Bluetooth", "Data usage", etc, but no "System Updates" in the Settings menu. Where can I find System Updates?
  • Yue Luo2Yue Luo2 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the information.
    As explained in the original question, I have Samsung Victory 4G LTE, which is an Android phone. But there is no "System Update" option under Settings menu.
    The iPhone method actually worked on this phone. But I still only have 3G.

Today, I took the phone to some other places, and did see 4G, so I think the phone is good. At this moment, I believe it is problem with Sprint coverage map -- it exaggerates the coverage. FreedomPop is great given the price.

This question can be closed.