Refund possible?

Andrew Hurlock  Andrew Hurlock Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
A couple of things.

I planned to get Freedompop because my Mom visits from abroad for a month out of the year and I like to get her her own cell phone for use here. I have/had FP on a Samsung G3 before and it worked alright, but my son broke the screen so when replacing, I decided to get a sim instead, so I can pop it into a phone.

Couple things...

1. I didn't realize the SIM was VOIP only service. This doesn't make sense to me. How can you offer unlimited voice and text with 2GB data? 2GB of data on its own may give tons of voice minutes (or ~5500), but definitely not in conjunction with a smartphone which might also be using this data for apps, etc. I suppose one could turn off or limit background cell data completely and just depend on the data outside of wifi for minutes. What's worse, this means that the free plan, giving 200 minutes will ultimately use ~200MB of your data, leaving you with just 300MB outside of Wifi. I'm assuming that wifi calling also uses your minutes, so you can at least turn data off and use your 200 minutes on wifi I suppose, and only use data while out and about. Still, this is all a little misleading imho. The top up nonsense also sucks; can't turn off auto top up? What kind of garbage is that? Where's the reasoning? Plain and simple, if someone runs out of minutes/data and they have it off, cut em off. When they get to wifi, they can top up. Don't charge 6.99 "semi-annual" for this as a "feature".

2. That being said, I decided to not bother keeping the semi-annual service. Instead I'll opt for upgrading when she gets here. I read that downgrading with the minimum balance, supposedly $3 according to the page would skip paying the $5 fraud prevention fee, suffice it to say I can only top up to $10 minimum, and when I tried to downgrade, it asked me to top up to $15, which I did because I'd rather pay it than pay the $10 and still be asked to pay the $15 and also being stuck with a phone and plan no one will be using once my Mom arrives and leaves. As you can see I have used no data. Would it be possible for me to get a refund? I don't want my money just sitting in the account. Who knows if I lose the sim, choose not to use the account, etc. I'd rather spend the money when I need to rather than have it sitting there, ready to disappear on a whim.

Thanks.

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mrbobfotomrbobfoto Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I had recently lost my job and I"m pretty much broke in my bank account; the first bill charged to my bank account will put me at a negative balance; I just closed my account and I was wondering if I could receive a refund for what I had been billed.
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I'd pm the Admins or contact support on Twitter or FB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    mrbobfoto said:

I had recently lost my job and I"m pretty much broke in my bank account; the first bill charged to my bank account will put me at a negative balance; I just closed my account and I was wondering if I could receive a refund for what I had been billed.

Hi mrbobfoto!

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to gather and provide personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.