Can't upgrade from the global sim to lte sim

bomexebaybomexebay Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I tried to upgrade from the global sim to a Lte sim.
After I received the new sim, I clicked "I ALREADY RECEIVED NEW SIM (UPGRADE NOW)" button in my Global SIM account. I was then prompted to input the new SIM's ICCID number on "Service Transfer" page. However, after inputting the ICCID of my new SIM and clicking "VALIDATE" button, I always got "No subscription found" error message on the screen.
my new lte sim is 89011704278167943986

Answers

• bomexebaybomexebay Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    CS told me to activate the lte sim first, I followed his instruction to activate the sim. But now "I ALREADY RECEIVED NEW SIM (UPGRADE NOW)" button turns gray.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • richd2017richd2017 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I also had the same problem. I ended up setting it up as a new sim. I don't care about my old number but I don't want to be charged for a new one. It charged me $0.99 activation +$10 for auto-top up as well as adding premium voice service, even though I didn't want either and unchecked both. On global sim I didn't use close to 100mb and kept 0 balance on top up since I never exceeded limits. Is it a new policy to force auto-top up? How often do I need to add payments? Also, how much of the 200 mb can I use now that there is a balance on my top up?
    Also, what will happen to my global sim? Will it be cancelled automatically? I was told I had til May to switch to 4g sim or my account would be terminated.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,255 admin
    richd2017 said:

I also had the same problem. I ended up setting it up as a new sim. I don't care about my old number but I don't want to be charged for a new one. It charged me $0.99 activation +$10 for auto-top up as well as adding premium voice service, even though I didn't want either and unchecked both. On global sim I didn't use close to 100mb and kept 0 balance on top up since I never exceeded limits. Is it a new policy to force auto-top up? How often do I need to add payments? Also, how much of the 200 mb can I use now that there is a balance on my top up?
    Also, what will happen to my global sim? Will it be cancelled automatically? I was told I had til May to switch to 4g sim or my account would be terminated.

Hello richd2017,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to gather and provide personal account information.