**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unauthorized Plan Enabled on my account and cannot deactivate and demand refund

BankaiBankai FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
I have an unauthorized charge for a global plan that i did not activate nor cannot deactivate off of my account. I've also noticed that FreedomPop has been making additional unauthorized charges of on my account. I have not opted in for anything above the Free Plan. Please fix immediately!
«1

Comments

  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,055 admin
    Bankai said:

    I have an unauthorized charge for a global plan that i did not activate nor cannot deactivate off of my account. I've also noticed that FreedomPop has been making additional unauthorized charges of on my account. I have not opted in for anything above the Free Plan. Please fix immediately!

    Hi! We are sorry for the unexpected charges but we can make sure to help you check. There are multiple accounts under the email address that you have registered for the forum.
    Can you please let me know the last 4 digits of the one in question?
  • Diana MarckDiana Marck FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Hi, I’m in the same boat. I was charged $4.99 on last statement on 4/13/18. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan I never authorized this charge. The only thing that should be on the account is BASIC LTE 200. I have this as an emergency phone and do not have any use for Global Plus. I tried to remove service on phone but was not able to. Please help and fix! My e-mail is [email protected]

    Thank you.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,055 admin

    Hi, I’m in the same boat. I was charged $4.99 on last statement on 4/13/18. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan I never authorized this charge. The only thing that should be on the account is BASIC LTE 200. I have this as an emergency phone and do not have any use for Global Plus. I tried to remove service on phone but was not able to. Please help and fix! My e-mail is [email protected]

    Thank you.

    We are sorry to hear that the plan was added to your account. Not to worry, I was able to confirm it was removed successfully and refunded the $4.99 cost. You should be able to see these funds back to your account within 3-5 business days depending on your financial institution.
  • stuckstuck FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Hi, I have the same issue. I just noticed my account was charged 4/11 and today 5/11 for $4.99 each without my permission. Furthermore, I wasted the last 45 min trying to remove the unauthorized service without success. Please remove my Global Plus 300 and credit the $9.98 on my account.
  • NocchioSmithNocchioSmith FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Hi, I’ve in a similar situation. I was charged $4.99 on last statement on 5/12/18. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan and I may have accidently added the plan when reinstalling my Freedompop app on my phone on 05/07 with a free trial popup. I later removed the service on the phone but was still charged. The only thing that should be on the account is BASIC plan. I do not have any use for Global Plus. Please help and fix! My e-mail is [email protected]
  • stuckstuck FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I was charged twice without authorization as well, and unable to remove this feature. Please remove this feature and refund my account.
  • BankaiBankai FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7

    Bankai said:

    I have an unauthorized charge for a global plan that i did not activate nor cannot deactivate off of my account. I've also noticed that FreedomPop has been making additional unauthorized charges of on my account. I have not opted in for anything above the Free Plan. Please fix immediately!

    Hi! We are sorry for the unexpected charges but we can make sure to help you check. There are multiple accounts under the email address that you have registered for the forum.
    Can you please let me know the last 4 digits of the one in question?
    9921
  • BankaiBankai FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    As the title states, I've been randomly charged an international plan and not able to deactivate or remove the unauthorized sign up for the plan. Please help.
  • Nhat NguyenNhat Nguyen FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
    I am having the same problem please help
  • DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 436 admin
    stuck said:

    Hi, I have the same issue. I just noticed my account was charged 4/11 and today 5/11 for $4.99 each without my permission. Furthermore, I wasted the last 45 min trying to remove the unauthorized service without success. Please remove my Global Plus 300 and credit the $9.98 on my account.

    I truly apologize for the unauthorized charge to your account. In order to review the charges, please provide the email address associated with your account.
  • DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 436 admin

    Hi, I’ve in a similar situation. I was charged $4.99 on last statement on 5/12/18. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan and I may have accidently added the plan when reinstalling my Freedompop app on my phone on 05/07 with a free trial popup. I later removed the service on the phone but was still charged. The only thing that should be on the account is BASIC plan. I do not have any use for Global Plus. Please help and fix! My e-mail is [email protected]

    Hello Nocchio,

    I understand your concern since you canceled the service but the system still charged you. I have processed the refund to your account. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be reflected on your credit card statement.
  • DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 436 admin

    I am having the same problem please help

    Hello Nhat,

    I see your concern for the charge on your account. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
  • Piush GuptaPiush Gupta FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I have the issue of incorrect charge to my account as well. I see two charges $15 and $4.12. I had a free plan with $5 credit balance. I'd like for the account to be restored to that with a refund of $19.12 made to my credit card.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,055 admin

    I have the issue of incorrect charge to my account as well. I see two charges $15 and $4.12. I had a free plan with $5 credit balance. I'd like for the account to be restored to that with a refund of $19.12 made to my credit card.

    We are sorry for the late reply. We can see this matter was taken care of by another teammate via another channel. Please contact us back in case we can help with something else.
  • stuckstuck FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    DiegoG said:

    stuck said:

    Hi, I have the same issue. I just noticed my account was charged 4/11 and today 5/11 for $4.99 each without my permission. Furthermore, I wasted the last 45 min trying to remove the unauthorized service without success. Please remove my Global Plus 300 and credit the $9.98 on my account.

    I truly apologize for the unauthorized charge to your account. In order to review the charges, please provide the email address associated with your account.
    Hi DiegoG,
    Thank you for reaching out. My email address is: [email protected]
  • DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 436 admin
    stuck said:

    DiegoG said:

    stuck said:

    Hi, I have the same issue. I just noticed my account was charged 4/11 and today 5/11 for $4.99 each without my permission. Furthermore, I wasted the last 45 min trying to remove the unauthorized service without success. Please remove my Global Plus 300 and credit the $9.98 on my account.

    I truly apologize for the unauthorized charge to your account. In order to review the charges, please provide the email address associated with your account.
    Hi DiegoG,
    Thank you for reaching out. My email address is: [email protected]
    Thank you for the information. I have processed the refund for your account. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be reflected on your credit card statement.
  • stuckstuck FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    DiegoG said:

    stuck said:

    DiegoG said:

    stuck said:

    Hi, I have the same issue. I just noticed my account was charged 4/11 and today 5/11 for $4.99 each without my permission. Furthermore, I wasted the last 45 min trying to remove the unauthorized service without success. Please remove my Global Plus 300 and credit the $9.98 on my account.

    I truly apologize for the unauthorized charge to your account. In order to review the charges, please provide the email address associated with your account.
    Hi DiegoG,
    Thank you for reaching out. My email address is: [email protected]
    Thank you for the information. I have processed the refund for your account. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be reflected on your credit card statement.
    Hi DiegoG,
    Thank you for processing the refund. However, I see that the Global Plus 300 option is still active on my account. Which means, I'll be charged again next month. I've tried my best to deactivate this feature but I cannot deactivate it. Please deactivate this feature on my account.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,055 admin
    stuck said:

    DiegoG said:

    stuck said:

    DiegoG said:

    stuck said:

    Hi, I have the same issue. I just noticed my account was charged 4/11 and today 5/11 for $4.99 each without my permission. Furthermore, I wasted the last 45 min trying to remove the unauthorized service without success. Please remove my Global Plus 300 and credit the $9.98 on my account.

    I truly apologize for the unauthorized charge to your account. In order to review the charges, please provide the email address associated with your account.
    Hi DiegoG,
    Thank you for reaching out. My email address is: [email protected]
    Thank you for the information. I have processed the refund for your account. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be reflected on your credit card statement.
    Hi DiegoG,
    Thank you for processing the refund. However, I see that the Global Plus 300 option is still active on my account. Which means, I'll be charged again next month. I've tried my best to deactivate this feature but I cannot deactivate it. Please deactivate this feature on my account.
    The service was already removed, which is why we refunded it. However, it will still show on your online profile until the beginning of the next cycle (6/11), which will reset the active subscriptions displaying on your account.
  • Xiaoyun GuoXiaoyun Guo FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Hi, I’m in the same boat. I was charged $4.99 on my April and May statements. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan I never authorized this charge. I tried many times to remove service on phone but was not able to. Please help and fix! Thank you!

  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,055 admin

    Hi, I’m in the same boat. I was charged $4.99 on my April and May statements. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan I never authorized this charge. I tried many times to remove service on phone but was not able to. Please help and fix! Thank you!

    Hi! We can confirm you successfully removed the global plan on this account and refunded the $4.99 charge. You should be able to see these funds back to your account within 3-5 business days depending on your financial institution.
  • Xiaoyun GuoXiaoyun Guo FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5

    Hi, I’m in the same boat. I was charged $4.99 on my April and May statements. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan I never authorized this charge. I tried many times to remove service on phone but was not able to. Please help and fix! Thank you!

    Hi! We can confirm you successfully removed the global plan on this account and refunded the $4.99 charge. You should be able to see these funds back to your account within 3-5 business days depending on your financial institution.
    Actually there are two $4.99 charges, one for April and one for May. Could you please refund the other one? Thank you very much for your help!
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,055 admin

    Hi, I’m in the same boat. I was charged $4.99 on my April and May statements. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan I never authorized this charge. I tried many times to remove service on phone but was not able to. Please help and fix! Thank you!

    Hi! We can confirm you successfully removed the global plan on this account and refunded the $4.99 charge. You should be able to see these funds back to your account within 3-5 business days depending on your financial institution.
    Actually there are two $4.99 charges, one for April and one for May. Could you please refund the other one? Thank you very much for your help!
    We are sorry, our policy only lets us refund the last one as a courtesy. Your account shows the addition for the plan on the account log.
    We understand it may have been added by mistake, which is why we agreed to refund it, but it can only be the last one, we do apologize.
  • Victor8111Victor8111 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I was charged $4.99 on last statement on 5/14/18. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan I have never authorized this charge. I have tried many times to remove the service but was not successful. Please fix this and make sure I will not get charge by this service in next billing cycle. My email is [email protected] Thanks.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,055 admin

    I was charged $4.99 on last statement on 5/14/18. The charge was for a Global Plus 300 plan I have never authorized this charge. I have tried many times to remove the service but was not successful. Please fix this and make sure I will not get charge by this service in next billing cycle. My email is [email protected] Thanks.

    We are sorry to learn you were charged for a service you didn't add. Our records show that you were able to remove it from your account, you will see this change updated on your Freedompop profile when your new cycle comes.
    The refund for $4.99 was made, you should be able to see these funds back to your account within 3-5 business days depending on your financial institution.
  • weegan5weegan5 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    I too have been charged $4.99 on 6/23 for this global plus 300 plan that I have no need for, nor did I ask for it. Can you please refund the charge and deactivate it from my account? I tried to deactivate it several times online, but it still shows that I am still on it. email - [email protected], sim card - ends in 8108
«1
This discussion has been closed.