**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Refund credit balance and deactivate account

Amy Novak WadleyAmy Novak Wadley Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
When I downgraded to the free plan, a $15 charge showed up on my account. Unfortunately, freedom pop isn't working on my phone so I need to deactivate my account. How do I get a refund for the $15 credit balance? Should I get the refund before deactivating my account, or should I deactivate it first? Thanks!

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553 admin
    edited May 2018 #2
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • k123k123 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello,

I had a working world sim account but then I received an e-mail encouraging me to signup for LTE.
    I ordered the LTE sim, created a second account (LTE), and downgraded that 2nd account, which resulted in a $15 charge for a top-up amount.
    I then realized that I don't have LTE coverage in my area.
    So I closed the new LTE account immediately (w/o using or even activating it) and filed a support ticket asking for a refund.
    The support ticket was closed as "resolved" because the support engineer saw that the account has already been closed, so nothing left to be done.
    I then filed a 2nd ticket asking for the refund and referenced the 1st ticket. The 2nd ticket got converted into a "freedompop question" (which was titled in Spanish for some reason, but that's ok), which subsequently 'expired' before I had a chance to read it, still no refund issued.
    I now filed a 3rd ticket.
    Please help with the refund and please do not close the working GSM account. The refund is related to the closed LTE account.
    My husband went through the exact same process at roughly the same time and his refund was issued on the 1st ticket w/o any issues, so I know this CAN be done :)
    Tickets reference numbers are:
    1st: 180422-000248
    2nd: 180428-000282
    3rd: 180503-001052

Thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PPWPPW Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Maria_M would you be able to assist me with closing my account and refunding my remaining balance. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,698FreedomPop Newbie admin
    PPW said:

Hi Maria_M would you be able to assist me with closing my account and refunding my remaining balance. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you.

We need to check on this before determining if the refund for credit is applicable. Can you please confirm the acct in question is the global sim account under the email address you use for this forum?
    Hi AlejandraG,

The account is a global sim and under the email address I used for this forum. Could we please move our communication to email.

Thanks
    PPW said:

Hi AlejandraG,

The account is a global sim and under the email address I used for this forum. Could we please move our communication to email.

Thanks

We do apologize, we are unable to move this to an email as you are being assisted over this forum.
    After looking at the global sim account under the email address you used for this forum, we can see it's still active.
    Please keep in mind cancellation is a process that you as the account holder need to complete on your end, from a PC via a private or incognito window.
    If you already tried that way and you get an error, we need a screenshot of that error to be able to cancel on your behalf.
    The $5 credit on this account is non-refundable, we are afraid. It was charged over 30 days ago, we can only offer you to transfer it to your new LTE account if you decided to upgrade to one.

PPW said:

Hi AlejandraG,

Thanks

We do apologize, we are unable to move this to an email as you are being assisted over this forum.
    After looking at the global sim account under the email address you used for this forum, we can see it's still active.
    Please keep in mind cancellation is a process that you as the account holder need to complete on your end, from a PC via a private or incognito window.
    If you already tried that way and you get an error, we need a screenshot of that error to be able to cancel on your behalf.
    The $5 credit on this account is non-refundable, we are afraid. It was charged over 30 days ago, we can only offer you to transfer it to your new LTE account if you decided to upgrade to one.
    I don't see why it's non-refundable. Based on comments above, other customers have received their refund. Could you please help with this. Thank you
  • askingforhelpaskingforhelp Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I also cancelled my account due to the Global SIM not working. Please refund my $5 top-up credit back to the credit card on file.
    PPW said:

PPW said:

Hi AlejandraG,

Thanks

I don't see why it's non-refundable. Based on comments above, other customers have received their refund. Could you please help with this. Thank you

I also cancelled my account due to the Global SIM not working. Please refund my $5 top-up credit back to the credit card on file.

The original thread of this post was back in May 2018, almost six months back. We understand where you are coming from but refund policies or the exceptions made before were sometimes more lenient but a the time, they are no longer being made and we have reinforced the existing policies including these type of refunds.
    If you upgraded to an LTE from a global sim, we can help you transfer the credit but it's no longer refundable, we sincerely apologize.

Per our terms available at https://www.freedompop.com/terms.htm, under the Automatic Top-Ups for Broadband Service section: " Any balance remaining in a FreedomPop Account on inactive status is not refundable."
    Ok, thank you for looking into it for me. My account page had a screen that said an LTE sim was being shipped to me, but I have not received it. Could you please help me look into why my LTE sim hasn't been shipped to me.
    PPW said:

Ok, thank you for looking into it for me. My account page had a screen that said an LTE sim was being shipped to me, but I have not received it. Could you please help me look into why my LTE sim hasn't been shipped to me.

Did you place the order using the same email address under your global sim account? We were unable to find it, if it was a different email address, please let us know.

PPW said:

Did you place the order using the same email address under your global sim account? We were unable to find it, if it was a different email address, please let us know.
    It should be under the same email. If I had a different account for the LTE sim the balance would be transferrable?
    PPW said:

PPW said:

It should be under the same email. If I had a different account for the LTE sim the balance would be transferrable?
    We would need to check this other account

PPW said:

PPW said:

Ok, what would you need to check?

Would you have an update on the LTE sim that was suppose to be sent to me on the account I'm posting this comment from?

Thanks
  • kai  tankai tan Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I just noticed that there are several charges to my account since August, the latest is ~$10.
    I have the basic 200 plan and haven't signed other additional services, can someone help looking into this and give me full refund?
    I filed a support ticket but haven't heard back yet.
  • bktgt1bktgt1 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been charged when I change fp services $3.99. Then I downgrade plan to 500Mb/ month fp charge $17.98 ( included services charge above). One day later fp charge $28.19 for 2G/ month plan which I just downgrade and being charged.
    Please take a look and make billing correction, my fp email acount [email protected] , fp# 425-616-2340.
    Please help. Thank you very much.
    kai tan said:

I just noticed that there are several charges to my account since August, the latest is ~$10.
    I have the basic 200 plan and haven't signed other additional services, can someone help looking into this and give me full refund?
    I filed a support ticket but haven't heard back yet.

Let us check into that, can you please confirm the full ICCID number of your sim?
    bktgt1 said:

I have been charged when I change fp services $3.99. Then I downgrade plan to 500Mb/ month fp charge $17.98 ( included services charge above). One day later fp charge $28.19 for 2G/ month plan which I just downgrade and being charged.
    Please take a look and make billing correction, my fp email acount [email protected] , fp# 425-616-2340.
    Please help. Thank you very much.

We are reviewing the upgrade to the incorrect plan and will be providing you with an update.
    Dear Alejandra G
    My ICCID for fp 425-616-2340 is
    Thanks for your help
    PPW said:

PPW said:

PPW said:

Would you have an update on the LTE sim that was suppose to be sent to me on the account I'm posting this comment from?

Thanks
    Hi wanted to follow up on the LTE Sim I never received. When the new SIM is shipped, I could have my remaining balance transferred.
    bktgt1 said:

Dear Alejandra G
    Thanks for your help

We are still waiting on the update from the team this was escalated to, we appreciate your patience.
    PPW said:

PPW said:

PPW said:

PPW said:

Thanks
    Hi wanted to follow up on the LTE Sim I never received. When the new SIM is shipped, I could have my remaining balance transferred.
    We previously requested you to confirm if you had please the order using the same email address under your global sim account that you use for this forum? BEcause we had been unable to find it and needed to know if it was a different email address, perhaps
    bktgt1 said:

Dear Alejandra G
    Thanks for your help

We are setting up the correct plan for your account, the only difference is that there was a recent plan cost increase. At the time, the cost for 500 MB plan is $19.99 instead of the $17.99, is that ok?
    After setting the correct plan, we will help you refund the cost for the incorrect one.
    Thanks, please get my refund to account credit. Is this sim eligible for 6 months 1G prepaid plan. Again, thank you very much .
    Dear Alejandra G,
    Yes, 500mb/$19.99 ok. Please set refund credit to my account.
    bktgt1
  • JamesKimJamesKim Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I've just cancelled my account and requesting a refund of $20 Top-Up credit. Please refund back to my credit card ASAP. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.