Refund credit balance and deactivate account

2»

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    edited December 2018 #27
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • maliangbeijingmaliangbeijing Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello,

I have just cancelled my account. The associated email address is [email protected] Could you please refund the remaining credit to my account? That is $20. Thank you!

-Liang
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks for your response. What happens is that I recently bought a monthly plan. When I cancelled this plan, I was charged $20. Since I no longer need this service, just hope to get the remaining credit back. Thanks!

Hello,

I have just cancelled my account. The associated email address is [email protected] Could you please refund the remaining credit to my account? That is $20. Thank you!

-Liang

Upon review, it seems the Freedom Spot Overdrive device under the email provided was purchased more than 14 days ago, preventing us to be able to refund the credit.
    If there is any other Freedompop account you would like us to transfer it to, we can do that but credit is not refundable.
    Then could you please transfer the credit to another account of mine? That is [email protected]
    Thanks!

-Liang

Thanks for your response. What happens is that I recently bought a monthly plan. When I cancelled this plan, I was charged $20. Since I no longer need this service, just hope to get the remaining credit back. Thanks!

Hello,

-Liang

Upon review, it seems the Freedom Spot Overdrive device under the email provided was purchased more than 14 days ago, preventing us to be able to refund the credit.
    If there is any other Freedompop account you would like us to transfer it to, we can do that but credit is not refundable.
    We do apologize, the credit is still non-refundable. It's not 14 from the charge but 14 after you purchased the device or sim with us that we can still refund any charge like a top-up.
  • xFPUSERxFPUSER Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello, I have Annual prepaid plan (valid until 10/2019) which I can't use anymore. Can I cancel it and receive refund for remaining months? This is not SIM, it's on CDMA/Sprint phone. Thank you!

xFPUSER said:

Hello, I have Annual prepaid plan (valid until 10/2019) which I can't use anymore. Can I cancel it and receive refund for remaining months? This is not SIM, it's on CDMA/Sprint phone. Thank you!

Good day! We are afraid that the remaining months on the prepaid annual plan are not refundable.
    Can you transfer remaining balance (in $$) to another FP account (which uses prepaid SIM on AT&T network)?

xFPUSER said:

xFPUSER said:

Good day! We are afraid that the remaining months on the prepaid annual plan are not refundable.
    Can you transfer remaining balance (in $$) to another FP account (which uses prepaid SIM on AT&T network)?
    We are afraid not, we could only help you transfer credit from one account to another but we are unable to refund a prorates amount for the initial fee for the annual plan.
    Ok, so what would happen if I cancel this account? One more question - if I want to sell this phone on eBay with remaining plan still on the phone - how do I remove my contact and billing information from the account? Thank you!
  • Yaboy_BunzYaboy_Bunz Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hey! I am having the same issue and would really appreciate it if somebody could help me going in the right direction towards processing a refund. I deactivated my account with a $20 top-up balance remaing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • formsulistformsulist Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

I downgraded my account on Jan 1, 2019 and I had $20 top up credit at that point. I canceled the account few minutes later. It was canceled within the first 14 days of the activation of the SIM card, and it is said here that the charge is refundable within that time frame. I contacted the Customer Care through email right after my cancellation for a refund, but was refused (maybe my email was not clear; I mistakenly called it a charge). I would like to get some help here for a refund. Thank you in advance!
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,265 admin

Hi,

I downgraded my account on Jan 1, 2019 and I had $20 top up credit at that point. I canceled the account few minutes later. It was canceled within the first 14 days of the activation of the SIM card, and it is said here that the charge is refundable within that time frame. I contacted the Customer Care through email right after my cancellation for a refund, but was refused (maybe my email was not clear; I mistakenly called it a charge). I would like to get some help here for a refund. Thank you in advance!

Please confirm the email address associated with this account so we can escalate your case for further review.
    edited January 29 #44
    CarlosG said:

Hi,

Please confirm the email address associated with this account so we can escalate your case for further review.
    Hi, it's [email protected] Thank you!
    Post edited by CarlosG on

CarlosG said:

Hi,

After escalating your case we have been advised that the refund has been processed. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for it to appear back in your card.
    CarlosG said:

CarlosG said:

Hi,

After escalating your case we have been advised that the refund has been processed. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for it to appear back in your card.
    I received the email about refund in process. I really appreciate your promptly support (and the editing for the sake of my privacy).

CarlosG said:

CarlosG said:

Hi,

I received the email about refund in process. I really appreciate your promptly support (and the editing for the sake of my privacy).
    We're happy to help. Have a great week!
  • NallaANallaA Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi
    I downgraded my account on Jan 10, 2019 and I had $20 top up credit at that point. I canceled the account few hours later, which was within 14 days of the activation of the phone and it was mentioned that the charge is refundable if we cancel within 14 days. Could you please help in getting back my refund. My e-mail ID : [email protected]
    Thank you in advance!
    NallaA said:

Hi
    I downgraded my account on Jan 10, 2019 and I had $20 top up credit at that point. I canceled the account few hours later, which was within 14 days of the activation of the phone and it was mentioned that the charge is refundable if we cancel within 14 days. Could you please help in getting back my refund. My e-mail ID : [email protected]
    Thank you in advance!

The refund has been processed. Please allow 3 to5 business days for it to appear back in your card. Have a great week!
This discussion has been closed.